Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Has anyone used wildpigs pipes? (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts
Default Has anyone used wildpigs pipes? (long)

http://www.wildpigpipes.com/

Planning my next mods which will be AC, tuner, mufflers, and head pipe. My thinking is that it is best to do all this at one time, maybe I am wrong?

Tuner is going to be PV as I have previous experience with it.
Mufflers are probably going to be the new Cobras when they are released.
AC I had a Arlen Ness Big sucker on my last bike. Thinking of going with a FuelMoto air cleaner this time.
This leaves me with what to do with the head pipe. Should I leave it alone or replace it with another? I have read 2 versions on this. One said you couldn't do better than to remove the cat from the HD stock pipe and keep it as they are good quality.
The other version says get rid of the pipe as it is a heat retaining fabrication. I don't know which direction to go.

I would like to get a new head pipe with coating inside and out for maximum heat dispersement. I am not up for drilling out my head pipe.
Then I found Wild Pigs that drills out the pipe for you charging a modest sum of $100 plus shipping.

As much as getting on the carport floor hurts I will have to do it one more time If I buy a new head pipe and mufflers.

I like the sound from the stock mufflers and really don't want louder. They have been scraped several times before I got the lift kit ( thanks DK Customs) and would like newer ones. If I replace the head pipe with one without the cat and AC would that increase the exhaust sound alone?

Any recommendations for quiet mufflers I may have over looked? Wasn't there a company that sold stock mufflers with different baffles?

Old 06-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

3 (2 with wild pig pipes) of the 5 guys I regularly ride with are running gutted head pipes. All run great for simple stage ones.

I'm pretty impressed with the improved throttle response and added pull my bike has with gutted head pipe, Rush Big Louies (2.25" baffles), Fuelmoto A/C, and PV. The tune Jamie sent with the PV was great. I did 1 long (2 hours) autotune and it made an slight improvement. Bike runs fantastic with that simple stage one so I'm leaving it just the way it is! It was worth the investment ...............

Old 06-08-2015, 02:18 PM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r
http://www.wildpigpipes.com/

Planning my next mods which will be AC, tuner, mufflers, and head pipe. My thinking is that it is best to do all this at one time, maybe I am wrong?

Tuner is going to be PV as I have previous experience with it.
Mufflers are probably going to be the new Cobras when they are released.
AC I had a Arlen Ness Big sucker on my last bike. Thinking of going with a FuelMoto air cleaner this time.
This leaves me with what to do with the head pipe. Should I leave it alone or replace it with another? I have read 2 versions on this. One said you couldn't do better than to remove the cat from the HD stock pipe and keep it as they are good quality.
The other version says get rid of the pipe as it is a heat retaining fabrication. I don't know which direction to go.

I would like to get a new head pipe with coating inside and out for maximum heat dispersement. I am not up for drilling out my head pipe.
Then I found Wild Pigs that drills out the pipe for you charging a modest sum of $100 plus shipping.

As much as getting on the carport floor hurts I will have to do it one more time If I buy a new head pipe and mufflers.

I like the sound from the stock mufflers and really don't want louder. They have been scraped several times before I got the lift kit ( thanks DK Customs) and would like newer ones. If I replace the head pipe with one without the cat and AC would that increase the exhaust sound alone?

Any recommendations for quiet mufflers I may have over looked? Wasn't there a company that sold stock mufflers with different baffles?

here is the company that does the stock rebuilt exhaust http://www.americancustom.com/

Old 06-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by vtwinbob
here is the company that does the stock rebuilt exhaust http://www.americancustom.com/

I can't exchange mine as they are scraped on the bottom of the tips. Still for The cost these are good replacements.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:03 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I'd do either the stock gutted head pipe or a Fullsac sport pipe. As for the air cleaner, I'd get which ever stage 1 type air cleaner I could get a decent price on, you would be amazed at some of the deals you can find when you start googling. Here is a big sucker from Direct Harley Parts, $119.96 is a pretty decent deal http://www.directcycleparts.com/shopping_cart.phpThe gutted head pipe will increase the volume or any muffler you install.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Beaux
3 (2 with wild pig pipes) of the 5 guys I regularly ride with are running gutted head pipes. All run great for simple stage ones.

I'm pretty impressed with the improved throttle response and added pull my bike has with gutted head pipe, Rush Big Louies (2.25" baffles), Fuelmoto A/C, and PV. The tune Jamie sent with the PV was great. I did 1 long (2 hours) autotune and it made an slight improvement. Bike runs fantastic with that simple stage one so I'm leaving it just the way it is! It was worth the investment ...............

Did the pipes fit up like the stock ones? No hassles trying to get them in place?

Old 06-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r
Did the pipes fit up like the stock ones? No hassles trying to get them in place?
No problem at all!

BTW ..... if you buy the PV from Fuelmoto you can get their stage 1 A/C for $56!

Last edited by Beaux; 06-08-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:25 PM
BLKPRLFLHTCU
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bub stealth mufflers, they come with 1.75 inlet or 2.0 if you happen to have a set of Rinehart true dual hedders they work well together.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:53 PM
kbktulsa
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a stock 09 head pipe from wildpigs, (no cat) had to weld the 12 mm bungs in it for the oxygen sensors, but it has the 18 mm stock bungs for future auto tune. it was $125.00 shipped to door.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

TriRid3r, I used the Wild Pig pipes on my '12 Trike. They are an exchange pipe, they cut out the CAT and you return your pipes in the same box (they provide return shipping). I installed the Screaming Eagle Fat Shot mufflers with the Screaming Eagle AC and had the Stage 1 download done. The mufflers had a deeper bass tone, but were not much louder than the stock setup.

As a note the pipes you get from Wild Pig are slightly used as it is an exchange system, but the heat shields cover them any way.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used wildpigs pipes? (long)