Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Oh, horror of horrors!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 03:58 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Oh, horror of horrors!

It is a beautiful day out west. Wife and I fired up the trikes and rode to a little greasy spoon about 40 miles north-east of us. Killer food and a great outdoor patio

OH MY GOD, it closed down! No signs no nothing. One of our favorite haunts for breakfast or lunch. Lots of motorcycles all weekend out there. Crotch rocketeers early, us Harley cruisers in the afternoon.

Oh, by the way both of our trikes ran beautifully. No heat, pinging, bad breaks, hard steering, funny noises (well, no NEW noises or rattles). Looks like we are the only ones on the boards that are happy with our trikes

Note: please note tongue in cheek, stupid grin, and laughter. The last paragraph was said in total jest. Please don't take offence and start fat mouthing me

Old 06-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry to hear one of your favorite eating places is gone, that suck's..

Your not the only one screwball. We are very happy with our new Freewheeler and all of it's Harley sounds....Lol

Our Freewheeler run's great with just a muffler change out and has all of the normal Harley character. If I recall correctly that's all you have done to your Freewheeler as well.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Attached Thumbnails Oh,  horror of horrors!-image.jpg  
Old 06-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up Ya kno it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Harley that's why you see them on bucket lists mine was on top so it came first. We love ours every change it becomes more a part of the family. I will not have any other I don't think soo......... Ride safely Fearless

Old 06-05-2015, 06:03 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,628 Posts

i gotta teill you i envy screwball and his wife, you guys sound like you are having a very good time and are enjoying the bikes. nothing like good people and harleys

Old 06-06-2015, 01:17 AM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,092 Likes on 3,492 Posts

LOL ! Some people thought the Yugo was a fantastic car also.....
Everything is relative, & can be improved on. It just depends on how high you set the bar.
That is why we ride something that we can create what we each want.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:10 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I hate it when that happens!!! Now if I ever get back to Ludlow and the coffee shop there is closed my world as we know it will end. id ride 3000 miles for their peanut butter pie.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:21 PM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. What place was it? We go to the Halfway House Cafe on Sierra Hwy sometimes, and enjoy their breakfast fare... and from Sierra Hwy you can take several awesome back roads that are fun on the bikes and very easy on the eyes.

Last edited by caberto; 06-06-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Diamond lil 2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
It is a beautiful day out west. Wife and I fired up the trikes and rode to a little greasy spoon about 40 miles north-east of us. Killer food and a great outdoor patio

OH MY GOD, it closed down! No signs no nothing. One of our favorite haunts for breakfast or lunch. Lots of motorcycles all weekend out there. Crotch rocketeers early, us Harley cruisers in the afternoon.

Oh, by the way both of our trikes ran beautifully. No heat, pinging, bad breaks, hard steering, funny noises (well, no NEW noises or rattles). Looks like we are the only ones on the boards that are happy with our trikes

Note: please note tongue in cheek, stupid grin, and laughter. The last paragraph was said in total jest. Please don't take offence and start fat mouthing me
mine too screwball it rides rough,it runs hot,it vibrates,hard steering.its a harley not a honda.we love ours

Old 06-06-2015, 09:02 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by caberto
Sorry to hear about that. What place was it? We go to the Halfway House Cafe on Sierra Hwy sometimes, and enjoy their breakfast fare... and from Sierra Hwy you can take several awesome back roads that are fun on the bikes and very easy on the eyes.

Been there many times! Best pancakes in the Santa Clarita Valley. Creekside Café (used to be Kathy's Kountry Kitchen, Scramblers, Crazy Otto's, and finally Creekside is in the Leona Valley just off 90th street and Lake Elizabeth Rd. Halfway House is just about Half Way. We usually take San Francisquito Rd going there and Bouquet Canyon back.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:13 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

It seems like in the past ten years 6 or 8 good places to eat have closed. All seemed to have a good crowd. I think most were due to not being able to find and keep help.