Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

FreeWheeler Price?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:04 AM
bazam9s
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FreeWheeler Price?

I'm out to purchase a FreeWheeler, Black. I'm an amputee and this is a big purchase for me but I won't quit riding. Never thought I'd have to ride a trike but I'm ready. I haven't bought a new bike in 20 years been riding for 40. I've asked around and obviously you get a lot of different scenarios. Is there much wiggle room around MSRP? Can you get below or a bit above is what everyone is seeing. I was also told that paying MSRP is okay but the discount or deal is in the extras like parts and service.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:27 AM
0pini0nated
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H-D motorcycle invoice is MSRP - 20% so they have "wiggle room" Also, dealers try to distance themselves from the delivery and PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection AKA Setup) but ALL of those things are negotiable. Have you EVER heard of someone buying a car or truck, and paying full price on the window sticker?

Parts and services are easier for the dealer to negotiate, since they're quoted in gross dollars, but they can deliver them in wholesale dollars.

The more dealers you contact, the better your eventual price will likely be.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:35 AM
cagless
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will most likely depend on your local dealers. In southern Cal for me and a few others I know of recently were all able to walk out for less then MSRP including add-ons, like free maintenance up to 20K, extended warranty, extras added to bike, and local tax (not all on combined on same deal). Out of 4 sales all were out the door with final check written for < MSRP.
But most local dealers typically have 1-2 in stock all the time, which can make a difference in deals they will make.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:19 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just check around there are some deals out there, just got to find em.
I got $2,000 off retail on ours.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:58 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

The freewheelers are the " hot " ticket for HD right now. But you can find them for MSRP. Look around and find a dealer who will give you a good deal. I got mine for MSRP and a 500 dollar gift card . Vance and Hines was doing a special so I also got a set of head pipes and mufflers at cost and free installation. I did have to pay for an EFI download but it was not much. I was lucky to get the deal I did here. The deals are out there if you look. Don't let any HD dealer tell you that you cant get a trike for MSRP. M.S.R.P. is 24,999.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:03 AM
Springman65
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
The freewheelers are the " hot " ticket for HD right now. But you can find them for MSRP. ....... Don't let any HD dealer tell you that you cant get a trike for MSRP. M.S.R.P. is 24,999.
I am not prevy to the rest of the world, but here in Northern Ohio, most of them seem to get sold even before they hit the dealerships right now. A lot of dealers seam to be cross-trading inventory to get them for perspective buyers....

I know that is how I got my FLRT - Lake Erie cross-traded with an HD Dealership called Mad Metal to get it. And, I did pay MSRP for it - well, sort of...I had two Harleys to trade in when I bought it....(I actually got $100.0 more on my FLSTSC in trade-in than I paid for it in 2007 - the 48 Sportster was a different story.... But, I wanted a FLRT and did not want to be without ride - so, I traded in to get it. I can't ride two anymore; so, it made since to me to go that route.)

I was also told that Blue and Black FLRTs seem to be more popular than the Whiskey-Amber.....if that matters to you.

I have also been told that the current accessories are sort of lagging behind as well; so, you may have to wait a bit for them - if you order any with your Freewheeler.

All-in-all it seems HD sort of misjudged the popularity/market on their newest Trike.......

Springman

Old 05-20-2015, 04:25 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

All depends on the bottom line. I purchased my Freewheeler sight unseen and not delivered. Gave them a deposit over the phone. Bought the first one delivered to So. Cal. Paid full MSRP, BUT the dealer over allowed my '09 Trade in, gave me the extended warranty, backrest, and sissy bar, and he first 3 services all freebie. The 'Free was the 5th Harley we have purchased from the dealer, and have since bought wife a '14 Tri. Got the same deal.

Good Luck, look around and enjoy

Old 05-21-2015, 07:54 AM
bazam9s
Road Master

Thanks everyone. I do have a dealer that is looking for a black one and you're right they do a lot of trading back-and-forth It appears in the Northeast, they go as soon as they come in. I'm good friends with a local Leo who has sent a lot of business to this particular dealer so I think that's the place for me to go.
There are some parts of labor I want him to include so I'll go from there. I'm not gonna angst about a few dollars I've been through too much physically the last two years with my amputation and a few other things. I just want to get back in the wind

Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it. Ride safe.

BTW IF YOU'RE EVER IN BOSTON LOOK ME UP. GREAT PLACES TO RIDE OUTSIDE BOSTON AND GREAT WATERING HOLES INSIDE BOSTON.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:42 PM
bazam9s
Road Master

Got my quote today. $24,500 out the door. No freight ($856) no set up ($350). 1000 mile and 5000 mile free. And 20% off all HD parts and 15% off all aftermarket parts for Freewheeler as long as I own the bike. Problem being they can't get a black one. They sold so many they used up their dealer "wish list". Their are a few dealers around the area with one but they won't release them to fellow dealers. They told me to give them a week.

I'm a performance addict. Had a R&R 131" in my Road glide. You may see a Jim's 131 someday in my Freewheeler, if the wife doesn't kill me first. So the parts deal is appealing to me, even though you can get 20% elsewhere.

What do you think boys???

Old 05-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Springman65
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bazam9s
Got my quote today....What do you think boys???

I say it's time to join us on the dark side.......

I hope you get a Black or a Blue FLRT; as, I am not too fond of Whskey-Amber, personally.... But, its going to be your ride.....You get what you like......

Springman

Quick Reply: FreeWheeler Price?