Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Trike lift J&S

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 08:43 AM
Mr D
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Trike lift J&S

I’m considering buying the J&S air Trike lift, anyone have one or thoughts??
TIA

Old 05-06-2021, 08:44 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts

From all the threads in the past I've read on them here, buy one.

The following users liked this post:
Mr D (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 10:38 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Love mine!!! Their shop is about 20 miles from me. I called them up and ordered my jack. Next day I drove up there and they had it assembled and they lifted it into my Jeep. Great guys. Keep in mind that it is a small shop and with COVID there may be delays.

Texcuda (05-12-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 03:58 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,167 Likes on 1,814 Posts

I got mine and got it assembled last year but I have not had an opportunity to even try it out!

Old 05-07-2021, 07:56 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 142 Likes on 91 Posts

I purchased one when I bought my 2018 TG (new). Though in 2018 the brothers were not all that well organized at the time after some delay the jack arrived, but minus the actual jack. They promptly shipped the jack and with a couple of bolts all went well. I have used the air jack hundreds of times since. Late last fall, almost three years after purchase a small cable connector broke off. I phoned for a replacement part and they asked for photos. Within an hour I got a message that they would replace the entire lever mechanism! Soon after I received the new assembly and with four bolts it was 'like new' again. NO CHARGE!

It appears that over the years they have really got their act together. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

BE SURE AND TELL THEM THE YEAR OF YOUR TRIKE! Ones built for pre 2018 do not fit on those 2018+

The following 2 users liked this post by TOHOG:
Cagmo (05-11-2021), GrampT (08-04-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 08:22 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 331 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by TOHOG
I purchased one when I bought my 2018 TG (new). Though in 2018 the brothers were not all that well organized at the time after some delay the jack arrived, but minus the actual jack. They promptly shipped the jack and with a couple of bolts all went well. I have used the air jack hundreds of times since. Late last fall, almost three years after purchase a small cable connector broke off. I phoned for a replacement part and they asked for photos. Within an hour I got a message that they would replace the entire lever mechanism! Soon after I received the new assembly and with four bolts it was 'like new' again. NO CHARGE!

It appears that over the years they have really got their act together. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

BE SURE AND TELL THEM THE YEAR OF YOUR TRIKE! Ones built for pre 2018 do not fit on those 2018+

Interesting about the model year, What is diff on the trike that changed requiring a change to the jack I wonder...
Also I see you have your J&S set up like I and go in from the left side of the trike, yet watching the video on the J&S web site they have it reversed and go in from the right side..

Old 05-08-2021, 08:22 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 331 Likes on 251 Posts

I use the J&S for both my bike and the wife's trike... Best jack out there IMO.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:33 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
Interesting about the model year, What is diff on the trike that changed requiring a change to the jack I wonder...
Also I see you have your J&S set up like I and go in from the left side of the trike, yet watching the video on the J&S web site they have it reversed and go in from the right side..
The J&S jack for two wheel motorcycles goes under the bike from the right side. On the trike it goes under from the left side. The trike jack has a small jack pad that the cables attached to the handle raise and lower to lift the trike.

Old 05-09-2021, 02:04 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 142 Likes on 91 Posts

Yes in the videos on J&S Website it shows Trike jack entering from "high side" (right side). I don't remember why they had to change sides but if I remember correctly they said it was because a change in the bike's frame or exhaust pipe location. In any case What they sent me works for mine as you can see.

They are friendly folks to speak with, give them a call and you will get best info.

Cheers

Old 05-09-2021, 06:11 PM
kblhd
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 102 Posts

Remember to use both lock levers. You don’t want to ask me why I know.

Ron in Warsaw (08-09-2021)

Quick Reply: Trike lift J&S