Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Stage 2 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2021 | 05:16 PM
htoler
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Default Stage 2 upgrade

I decided to pull the trigger and decided to do a Stage 2 upgrade on my 2018 Freewheeler.
I was going to go with the S & S 475c cam kit .
But it is sold out everywhere .
I could of did A DIY kit of course , but talking to the Techs at Fuel Moto decided to change that and go with a different Cam .
Will be going with a Woods 22XE cam kit will. Have Cam adjustable push rods lifters and cam bearing.
Also going with S & S lifter cuffs oil pump and cam plate .
Also Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe and Jackpot street outlaw slip on's and Vance and Hines V02 Naked air intake modded for external breather setup.
will be tuned with power vision.

Everything has been ordered so when I get everything installed will share my thoughts on it .

Trying to soak in all the information on cams and deciding which to go with will give a person a massive headache lol.

I read information here on the Forum , talked to Harley techs, techs at Dennis Kirk , A local motorcycle mechanic, techs at Fuel Moto, watched many youtube videos .
In the end I went with the advice from the Techs at Fuel Moto as I know they will be a phone call away if I have any issues.

Updates to follow .

The following 2 users liked this post by htoler:
JS2 (03-04-2021), TOHOG (04-09-2021)
Old 02-23-2021 | 05:06 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

The V&H site is confusing about the intake cover.
First they offer this: For those wanting to keep the stock look, but not necessarily the stock performance, Vance & Hines offers its VO2 Naked Air Intake as a high flow intake kit for
use with your stock cover or one of our custom options.

Then in the fitment notes it says this: Does not fit with OEM air filter cover. Accessory air filter cover recommended.

Are you going to use the stock cover or new accessory cover?
Are you going to od the work yourself? I wish I had the space to do this work.
Good Luck and let us see your progress if you would.

Old 02-24-2021 | 07:05 AM
htoler
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Softy
The V&H site is confusing about the intake cover.
First they offer this: For those wanting to keep the stock look, but not necessarily the stock performance, Vance & Hines offers its VO2 Naked Air Intake as a high flow intake kit for
use with your stock cover or one of our custom options.

Then in the fitment notes it says this: Does not fit with OEM air filter cover. Accessory air filter cover recommended.

Are you going to use the stock cover or new accessory cover?
Are you going to od the work yourself? I wish I had the space to do this work.
Good Luck and let us see your progress if you would.

This is the the one I am going to be using , will be using a stock style cover just one off of a different model than my Trike, mine had the chrome I purchased a black one from a forum member , going to use it as I like the look better .
will be having a shop doing the work as there are a couple things I am not sure about doing myself and I do not have the tool for doing cam Bering , nor do I have the space really , my garage is small,
all parts are scheduled to be delivered by Thursday once all in off to the shop , updates to follow.

Old 02-24-2021 | 07:13 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Now that A/C looks like it will fit the stock cover. I don't understand how V&H can be so confusing in their write ups. It is as if no one ever proof reads the copy before putting it on the site.
From viewing the vid on Baker doing a 6 spd install I wouldn't be able to do that amount of work. I would have parts all over the place and not where I needed them to be.
I am glad there are people like Baker that have the know how and enjoy doing the work. I am more of a beer holder these days.

Old 03-02-2021 | 01:53 PM
htoler
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Trike is in the shop with the stage 2 being done .
should be done this evening or in the morning.
should be able to pick it up tomorrow .

Old 03-03-2021 | 12:07 PM
htoler
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Stage 2 is done .
So far liking it .
but shop will not be getting business from me in the future

Pics will show why

Hopefully the chrome will clean up

Old 03-03-2021 | 02:28 PM
Keggr
Road Warrior

They gave it back to you with the chrome all dirty like that? I am assuming it was clean when you brought it in? WTF.

Old 03-03-2021 | 03:58 PM
htoler
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Keggr
They gave it back to you with the chrome all dirty like that? I am assuming it was clean when you brought it in? WTF.
I think it is whatever they used to clean the. Black on the engine .

Yes it was clean when took it to them
Unfortunately it is not cleaning off very well .

​​​​​Got most of it off the lifter cuff covers .
but not so much on the cam cover .

Old 03-06-2021 | 12:28 AM
htoler
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Took the Trike back to Dealership to discuss the Chrome issue .
they took it back and had their Detailer try and get more of the stains off said it was probably from the cleaner and the engine getting warm causing the stains ,
They were not able to get much more off than I was but said they did what they could .

So now I am trying to decide do I try to force them to replace the covers or just never take my Trike there again .
Would think they would offer to fix the issue since it was something they did .

​​​​​​

Old 03-11-2021 | 01:46 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by htoler
Took the Trike back to Dealership to discuss the Chrome issue .
they took it back and had their Detailer try and get more of the stains off said it was probably from the cleaner and the engine getting warm causing the stains ,
They were not able to get much more off than I was but said they did what they could .

So now I am trying to decide do I try to force them to replace the covers or just never take my Trike there again .
Would think they would offer to fix the issue since it was something they did .

​​​​​​
Go to the owner of the dealership. Be nice ask him to please take care of this issue. No results contact HD customer care.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 upgrade