Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

PROJECT TRI-GLIDE Report w/ Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,224 Likes on 2,458 Posts

Not much to report lately.

We have not been laying back, just nothing much to picture recently.

I put some Brad Penn Green Oil in the engine about 400 miles ago. Nothing stands out special about it right off the bat. Time will tell.

I had given up on the thought of anything special in the way of wheels, but talking to Clint yesterday has revived that possibility. Going to explore it further.

I did pick up some shorty antenna's. Even though I only use one, I thought it looked more symmetrical with two of them.

I also picked up a couple of tank cap medallions. They are going to be affixed the the polished Stainless Steel front fender mud flap (Thank you Richard).

Taped it up to get an idea of how it will look.

We still have a lot more to go on this project. Stay tuned.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 663 Likes on 412 Posts

Any of those wheel links I sent you get your attention?

Old 04-08-2016, 03:52 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Clint44
Any of those wheel links I sent you get your attention?
Oh yeah!

I am still deep in a project I have to have done today/tonight. So this weekend I'm going to look more closely at them, along with Mary, and then be getting up with you next week. Thank you!!!!

Old 04-20-2016, 07:33 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

There must be something sneaky afoot. This fell off the first page and hasn't seen an update in 12 days........

Old 04-22-2016, 10:48 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by COFLHTK
There must be something sneaky afoot. This fell off the first page and hasn't seen an update in 12 days........
I wish something big was afoot!

Just been super busy, got a bunch of little stuff done, and this afternoon is our "Project Tri-Glide" time, so we'll be getting a few more things done.

Will have some pictures and an update soon.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:41 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Got a few updates:

Last week we finally installed some Rocker Lockers in the TG. Sure is nice to have that ticking gone.

Here are a few pics of one of the versions of the soon to be released Outlaw 606 A/C.

Looking at these pics, I realized I want to add the Chrome Cover for the support bracket (that black curved bracket between the two cylinders). I think it will look much nicer with that in chrome.

This first pic is with the traditional EBS (External Breather System) that is mostly hidden behind the air cleaner.

These next two are of the same A/C, but with a catch can EBS that we've been testing out.

Pic of a cup holder I added for Mary-

More stuff we've done in the next post.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:22 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

I've run my Triple Trap Highway pegs along with the Trap style heel rest on both my TG's for the last 5+ years. They are super comfortable, but just don't match the rest of the look of the Tri-Glide.

So they are retired, and we installed some new highway peg mounting hardware, along with some Fat ISO's and a matching heel rest.

In doing that I had to reposition my Stealth LED Driving lights a bit.

I like the new look, and the Fat ISO's are pretty comfortable.

You might have noticed in the pic above...the front turn signal lens is no longer stock.

Got some custom made DK Lenses...they will look better when I get an LED light behind them, but they still light up pretty well with the amber incandescent bulbs I picked up at autozone.

Last item for this update are the smoked laydown tail lights.

About a year ago I rode behind Trent on his Tri-Glide in Idaho. He had some smoked low profile tail lights and I really liked the look...did not like the price. lol

Got these for a nice price and picked up some interim red LED lights for them. I have some brighter ones on the way. But these are brighter than I expected...very visible during the day, and quite bright at night!

That's it for now. We will have more updates coming soon!

Old 04-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Kevin I have the same cup holder that you got Mary for my wife. She loves it but I will say these things tend to squeak after while no matter how hard you tighten it. If you figure out a fix let me know...can be a tad irritating!

Rax

Old 04-28-2016, 07:06 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Raxus
Kevin I have the same cup holder that you got Mary for my wife. She loves it but I will say these things tend to squeak after while no matter how hard you tighten it. If you figure out a fix let me know...can be a tad irritating!

Rax
Between the exhaust & my modular helmet hopefully I won't hear it.

Otherwise I'll be constantly fiddling with it. Can't stand squeaks. lol

Old 04-29-2016, 11:56 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Worked on a few things today on the Project Tri-Glide.

One of the things we did was to finally get the SS fender skirt we got from NHBAGGER installed.

Here's a pic with the stock skirt removed-

Already drilled the holes for the attaching bolts...now we're getting the emblem where we want it-

Since the back of these emblems are concave, we filled in the space (a week ago) with JB Weld, so that the back of them was flat. We then put commercial grade double sided tape on the back of the emblem. We also drilled a hole thru the skirt and then secured the emblem to the skirt with the double-sided tape And a sheet metal screw into the JB Weld. The tape would have probably held it by itself, but figured better safe than sorry.

Emblems in place-

Installed on the fender-

Heavy storms here today, so did not take it outside. Will get pics outside and post soon.

***added outside pic-

Last edited by DK Custom; 05-02-2016 at 11:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NHBAGGER (05-02-2016)

Quick Reply: PROJECT TRI-GLIDE Report w/ Lots of Pics