Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Street Glide Accessories For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 03:27 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to interrupt the bonding session, but I'll give you $150 for the Air Wing, shipped

Old 08-17-2014, 03:36 PM
aopa310
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpalm
Sorry to interrupt the bonding session, but I'll give you $150 for the Air Wing, shipped
I've asked for $190 shipped. You've offered $150 shipped. The difference is $40. A fair counter offer is split the $40 but you pay for shipping. So the price would be $170 plus actual cost of shipping. I can do that.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:58 PM
jpalm
Road Captain

Since your counter offer essentially puts the cost back to the original price, thus not really reducing the price at all, my new offer is $100. I will then be more than happy to split the difference and pay shipping

Old 08-17-2014, 04:05 PM
aopa310
Cruiser

Since your counter offer essentially puts the cost back to the original price, thus not really reducing the price at all, my new offer is $100. I will then be more than happy to split the difference and pay shipping
You can buy from someone else then. First you want $40 off my original price now you want $90 off and split shipping. Thanks but no thanks. Buying a $250 part for $170 plus shipping wasn't a bad deal. I'll keep it.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Dun Roamin
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aopa310
I"ll make a deal with you. Donate your most valuable motorcycle to charity and I'll donate the air wing and backrest. Put up or shut up.
Why is your rack as valuable as my motorcycle? It's a 1996 Evo which cost $14,035 but you can have it for $12,000.

I'll give you $35 for the backrest - which is the going rate - and organise my own shipping.

Mate, speaking like that you're digging yourself a deep whole and are going to spend years staring at those bits sitting in your garage regretting these discussions.

(I'm starting to think this guy is not going to get his questions answered on hdforums.com ...)

Last edited by Dun Roamin; 08-17-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:21 PM
aopa310
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dun Roamin
Why is your over-priced rack worth as valuable as my motorcycle?

I'll give you $35 for the backrest - which is the going rate - and organise my own shipping.

Mate, speaking like that you're digging yourself a deep whole and are going to spend years staring at those bits sitting in your garage regretting these discussions.

(I'm starting to think this guy is not going to get his questions answered on hdforums.com ...)
If you want someone to donate something so bad, you've said it enough here already, why don't you man up and donate your most valuable motorcycle? The answer to that question is you'd rather interfere with someone's sale and force your opinion on them. I'm not interested in your opinion, hell I didn't even ask for your opinion. So put up the donation and show me how to " do good " or shut up.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:24 PM
jpalm
Road Captain

Im sorry you're having such a hard time selling your stuff and that this turned into a public discussion about the prices more than the products. However, you should realize that there is more than a price factor here. My dealer gives me 15% off, so for about $40 more I can drive down to my local dealer where I can actually touch, feel and inspect the item that I will be getting. There is no concern of getting an item with blemishes that I cannot return, and I get the comfort of knowing exactly what I'm getting from an established business as opposed to some guy on an internet forum. The price vs. risk factor is huge in these types of purchases. You say that you're losing nothing by keeping the items instead of selling them. I'll tell you what, go down to the grocery store with your parts in one hand, and $150 in the other and see which one they accept. My suggestion to you is to sell the items on Ebay and that way you will get a more accurate gauge of what the market will bear on these types of items.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Dun Roamin
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aopa310
" do good " or shut up.
OK .. make that $30 for the backrest and I'll throw in $10 of groceries as goodwill.

You're starting to offend people now.

But I'll still arrange my own shipping.

Last edited by Dun Roamin; 08-17-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:36 PM
aopa310
Cruiser

Im sorry you're having such a hard time selling your stuff and that this turned into a public discussion about the prices more than the products. However, you should realize that there is more than a price factor here. My dealer gives me 15% off, so for about $40 more I can drive down to my local dealer where I can actually touch, feel and inspect the item that I will be getting. There is no concern of getting an item with blemishes that I cannot return, and I get the comfort of knowing exactly what I'm getting from an established business as opposed to some guy on an internet forum. The price vs. risk factor is huge in these types of purchases. You say that you're losing nothing by keeping the items instead of selling them. I'll tell you what, go down to the grocery store with your parts in one hand, and $150 in the other and see which one they accept. My suggestion to you is to sell the items on Ebay and that way you will get a more accurate gauge of what the market will bear on these types of items.
The Air Wing is in great shape. Also any item I sell is always subject to return and full refund. I am a very honest person who isn't happy unless you're happy. One thing I would never do is not give someone a refund if they're not happy.
There are a whole lot more scammers than honest people like myself. If you want the air wing I can do the $170 and you pay for shipping. I will make sure it is packaged properly. Pay will be through pay pal as services or products so you have protection. I will provide you with a tracking number once I see the item is paid for. Once you receive the item I would then contact you to make sure it arrived without damage and that you are happy with the purchase. That you can count on. This is of course if you want the item.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:45 PM
aopa310
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dun Roamin
OK .. make that $30 for the backrest and I'll throw in $10 of groceries as goodwill.

You're starting to offend people now.

But I'll still arrange my own shipping.
Here's your chance to do the good you suggest I do. Man up and donate your motorcycle, unless of course you are a hypocrite.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-for-sale.html

Quick Reply: Street Glide Accessories For Sale