Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Harley Touring Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 11:12 AM
rsscoggins
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Touring Backrest and bracket

I have a BRAND NEW aftermarket (not HD) backrest for a Harley Touring bike. I am running a Harley Tallboy seat and I am bummed that this will not work as it is a nice freakin' backrest. Very well made - just look at the attention to detail on the underside with the powdercoated strip that is screwed to the bottom to hold the vinyl down rather than just stapled.

It will fit the late model (2009 - 2013 don't know about 2014 but should) touring bikes with the thick OEM seat - Road King, Electra Glide, Road Glide. It will fit the Street Glide and Road Glide Custom but you would have to cut the stem down as I believe the area where the backrest slot is located is not as thick on the Street Glide and Road Glide Custom models.
  • A complete backrest, pad, bracket/upright
  • Mounting Bracket is adjustable Front to Back to accommodate different placement
  • No cutting, drilling or welding - a simple 5 minute install, then just slide backrest in/out
  • Powder coat Bracket, upright and closing plate
  • Double stitched heavy marine grade vinyl (matches HD seat material very well)
  • Luxury High density foam
  • Bottom finished with stainless screws and Powder Coated plate( NOT JUST STAPLED)
  • 100% American made
I simply opened the box and put the bracket on my bike and found it would not fit because the TallBoy seat moves the backrest slot in the seat back 2". Backrest is in original packaging. I did try it with my OEM seat and it fit like a glove!

My loss your gain - $65 Shipped in CONUS

Attached Thumbnails Harley Touring Backrest-backrest5.jpg   Harley Touring Backrest-backrest1.jpg   Harley Touring Backrest-backrest2.jpg   Harley Touring Backrest-backrest3.jpg   Harley Touring Backrest-backrest4.jpg  

Last edited by rsscoggins; 08-08-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:43 AM
RestTomorrow
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a part #?

Old 08-08-2014, 11:47 AM
rsscoggins
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RestTomorrow
Do you have a part #?
It is not an OEM Harley part - this is an aftermarket part. Hope that helps. It will fit 2009 and 2013 Touring models with the large seat as pictured. A buddy is coming over later and I am going to try it on his 2014.

I have had the OEM Harley back rest and after a while, you start to feel the metal frame through the padding and the HD one tends to move around a bit that is why I bought this one originally. This one is made much nicer and rather than folding forward like the HD one, this one can just be slipped out for your passenger to board and then slipped right back in.

Last edited by rsscoggins; 08-08-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:57 AM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I'll take it if still available.
PM Sent.
Bill