Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Almost new Longride Windblade shield.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 PM
tdowell65
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost new Longride Windblade shield.

I literally had this on the bike for 5 mile ride just got it in mail this morning. It looks great on bike but my pouches wouldn't fit under it. Its 10" windshield. It actually measures 12 inches from hole to top but because of the angle its 10"high. Its light tint Wind blade that they just came out with.

I just paid around $89 plus shipping for it and I took the wrapper off once It was right size.
I would take 75 and I pay shipping.
Thanks
Terry

Attached Thumbnails Almost new Longride Windblade shield.-wind-2.jpg   Almost new Longride Windblade shield.-wind1.jpg  
Old 09-20-2013, 09:51 PM
CaptainK
Cruiser

What type of bags do you have that will not work? I have the t-bags. If they will work I'll take it.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:01 AM
tdowell65
Novice

Mine are harley bags and they fit just not as much room to open as I like, More the reason for selling it is I have an ultra windshield from long rides and It works great just needed one with lighter tint. This windshield looks great on bike but with the curves in the shield it makes it distorted to look thru, only time that I do that is at night. PM me if your intereted.
Thanks
Terry

Old 09-21-2013, 07:10 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tdowell65
Mine are harley bags and they fit just not as much room to open as I like, More the reason for selling it is I have an ultra windshield from long rides and It works great just needed one with lighter tint. This windshield looks great on bike but with the curves in the shield it makes it distorted to look thru, only time that I do that is at night. PM me if your intereted.
Thanks
Terry
I have that shield also...Takes some getting used to but I have no problems seeing the road surface through the shield day or night if I chose to look through it. You should be looking over the top of it anyway. The product description does state about the distortion due to the curves. Coming from a flat half moon shield with side extensions, I get more wind at the sides of my head but nothing unbearable.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Duc
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Put me down after CaptainK if he decides he doesn't want it.
Clif

Old 09-21-2013, 11:05 AM
CaptainK
Cruiser

I'm going to pass after looking at their web site. Thank you

Old 09-21-2013, 02:39 PM
tdowell65
Novice

"I have that shield also...Takes some getting used to but I have no problems seeing the road surface through the shield day or night if I chose to look through it. You should be looking over the top of it anyway. The product description does state about the distortion due to the curves. Coming from a flat half moon shield with side extensions, I get more wind at the sides of my head but nothing unbearable."

Yea I could get use to it but the Ultra long ride shield seemed to work better for me as far as overall wind protection but the this shield looks better. Mine is also a CVO so I have the dash pad as far as the windshield pouches being to tight.

Thanks and DUC if your interested let me know.