Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Touring Model and King Pak Saddlebag Protectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:49 AM
flynhawgs
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring Model and King Pak Saddlebag Protectors

Looking to Protect your Beautiful Paint on your SaddleBags?!?!

Other than Leather Covers straps on your Saddlebags which allows dirt and grim to get underneath the cover, FlyNHawgs has fabricated a unique synthetic rubber material to ensure a solid bond to your Saddlebags. No snags No hang ups..

The Great thing about Our Saddlebag Protectors, we equip them with a Releasable Adhesive to allow the user easy installation with the option to remove cleanly at a later date!

Check them out!

http://www.flynhawgs.com/saddlebox-protection.html

Attached Thumbnails Touring Model and King Pak Saddlebag Protectors-flynhawgs-forum-pic-2.jpg   Touring Model and King Pak Saddlebag Protectors-flynhawgs-forum-pic-1.jpg   Touring Model and King Pak Saddlebag Protectors-flynhawgs-touring-saddlebox-pro-1.jpg  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:20 PM
flynhawgs
Former Sponsor

Lid Covers / Saddlebag Paint Protectors Only $64.95!

Old 09-15-2013, 06:55 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's a "pebble" finish? From all the pictures I've seen they look like "deck tape" is that what it is?

Old 09-16-2013, 11:57 AM
flynhawgs
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
What's a "pebble" finish? From all the pictures I've seen they look like "deck tape" is that what it is?
Our Pebble finish, as seen in the pictures below, is some what similar to a Deck Tape look. However our material is a synthetic rubber with an embossed pebble finish which is A Lot softer then Deck Tape.

The embossing helps enhance the look as well as cohesion of friction when strapping items down.

We can ship out samples of material for you to feel and see first hand if you'd like.

Attached Thumbnails Touring Model and King Pak Saddlebag Protectors-flynhawgs-forum-pic-3.jpg   Touring Model and King Pak Saddlebag Protectors-flynhawgs-high-fusion-close-up.jpg  
Old 09-17-2013, 04:28 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

Thank you the finish does not look like deck tape up close more like the vinyl you would find in a car.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:18 PM
flynhawgs
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
Thank you the finish does not look like deck tape up close more like the vinyl you would find in a car.
We actually do get request for the automotive market to cover certain areas around the doors or bumpers. Being a Synthetic rubber its more pliable then vinyl allowing you to contour it around curves and radius. More than welcome to try out a sample

Old 09-20-2013, 04:51 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Anything for the '14 saddlebags? I'm thinking that would look great on my sand camo

Old 09-20-2013, 10:40 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

Just ordered a set of the saddle bag protectors. How hard are the tour pack protectors to install with a luggage rack?

Old 09-23-2013, 12:26 PM
flynhawgs
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by d-streetglidr
Anything for the '14 saddlebags? I'm thinking that would look great on my sand camo
Our Touring Model Paint Protectors will fit the New 2014 Saddlebags! I believe the Glossy Black finish with settle in nicely with your sand camo paint scheme. If you'd like we can also send samples.

-Special_ED-

"Just ordered a set of the saddle bag protectors. How hard are the tour pack protectors to install with a luggage rack?"

Really not too hard.. More time consuming to get a good adhered bond!
If you have the metal rack already on, then your hardest part is to remove those to properly line up your protective covers.
Once you line up with the holes, you can use an razor blade to cut slits into the material, apply the Paint Protectors in the correct position, then re-install your metal rack back on.

We have some Youtube installation videos to help with this as well if you are interested.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:38 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

I watched your videos. I think the easiest thing to do would be to remove the luggage rack then install the protectors then poke small holes through the protectors with something sharp like a nail through the mounting holes then maybe open them up with a drill just big enough to run the bolts through.It could be allot easier if you made some with cut outs for the luggage rack you could even charge a little extra for them.

Quick Reply: Touring Model and King Pak Saddlebag Protectors