Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

RINEHART True Duals 09-13

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

If you feel 25% off is fair...so be it, but look to hold them for awhile b/c it's not enough to gain interest...especially w/blemishes. I'd say the $600 deal is much better w/your system and they might sell quicker.

As mentioned above, another option is to coat this set black. Had my 1st set (stock headers + Rinehart pipes) coated black for $160...way cheaper than total exhaust replacement and still get the color option you desire...JMO.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:08 AM
mr_giddy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just missed a set on ebay for 505 with no blemishes... Look on ebay for sold
www.ebay.com/itm/271249446794

Last edited by mr_giddy; 08-08-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 AM
jdub099
Road Captain

I don't see what you're talking about. No Rinehart True Duals have sold for $505 recently that I can tell. And we already know you guys completely ignore part numbers and assume that all "True Duals" are the same. But whatever. I'll take $600 + shipping, I guess.

Thanks for the commentary, everyone. Two pages? I feel honored. Thanks for the non apples-to-apples comparisons, thanks for the general lack of understanding of part numbers (is this because Touring guys don't work on their own bikes?), thanks for the repeated use of the word "blemishes" to describe a natural coloration that seems to happen to all these pipes. Really very helpful and insightful. Hopefully the next part I try to sell has just as much interest from people who aren't actually buying anything. I follow a simple rule about classifieds, if I don't like the price I don't buy it. I don't try to "help" the seller with comments on an open forum. And if I did want to help the seller I'd talk to them privately and I'd actually point them to evidence that is pertaining to the actual part they're selling and not something else entirely.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that if this were a set of shitty Shortshots for 25% off retail, they'd be sold already.

Last edited by jdub099; 08-08-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Egordish
Advanced

300 for the head pipe! C'mon

Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 AM
jdub099
Road Captain

I think I will keep them and maybe paint them black. I really want the Bassani Road Rage 2-1 but looks like that's not going to happen, at least not any time soon. Sorry to be defensive about this, I'm just not used to so much feedback and was feeling shitty about it this morning. If I didn't get any offers I would have dropped the price incrementally on my own.

Mr_Giddy, that is not the same system. Apparently that doesn't matter. Looks like in the used market a Rinehart is a Rinehart is a Rinehart. I mean they pretty much look the same to me too.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Dshaft171
Advanced

Originally Posted by jdub099
I think I will keep them and maybe paint them black. I really want the Bassani Road Rage 2-1 but looks like that's not going to happen, at least not any time soon. Sorry to be defensive about this, I'm just not used to so much feedback and was feeling shitty about it this morning. If I didn't get any offers I would have dropped the price incrementally on my own.

Mr_Giddy, that is not the same system. Apparently that doesn't matter. Looks like in the used market a Rinehart is a Rinehart is a Rinehart. I mean they pretty much look the same to me too.
Text me at 970-222-2263. I've got a like new bassani 2-1 in black I'm looking to replace with duals.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:57 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub099
I don't see what you're talking about. No Rinehart True Duals have sold for $505 recently that I can tell. And we already know you guys completely ignore part numbers and assume that all "True Duals" are the same. But whatever. I'll take $600 + shipping, I guess.

Thanks for the commentary, everyone. Two pages? I feel honored. Thanks for the non apples-to-apples comparisons, thanks for the general lack of understanding of part numbers (is this because Touring guys don't work on their own bikes?), thanks for the repeated use of the word "blemishes" to describe a natural coloration that seems to happen to all these pipes. Really very helpful and insightful. Hopefully the next part I try to sell has just as much interest from people who aren't actually buying anything. I follow a simple rule about classifieds, if I don't like the price I don't buy it. I don't try to "help" the seller with comments on an open forum. And if I did want to help the seller I'd talk to them privately and I'd actually point them to evidence that is pertaining to the actual part they're selling and not something else entirely.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that if this were a set of shitty Shortshots for 25% off retail, they'd be sold already.
Listen Sally, all we're trying to do is relay the fact of your exhaust price "might" not be discounted enough to move. 25% isn't really a garage sale price, but the right buyer will come along...someday. Hell, my Bub-7 TD's cost $1K new, but I don't expect to get $750 for them...probably lucky to fetch $325 - $350. The intent is to recoup "some" of your cost vs. 3/4 price of new. If it was me...I'd rather pay for new & get warranty + no flaws.

Also, turning your FS post into a derogatory rant on feedback and non-mech touring owners isn't boosting this sale at all. Most of us were self-wrenching before you were detached from mom's nipple so might want to keep these types of remarks @ home. Good luck w/the exhaust sale...here's another free bump + add to your post count b/c I'm sure you'll have some insightful/colorful comment to throw in the mix.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:42 AM
nateuofmn
Advanced

I have the same exhaust and checked my Paypal history and paid $499. Check out easternpc on eBay. Looks like the 4" ones go for above $900. Yours should sell quick with all this feedback.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 AM
jdub099
Road Captain

Add to my post count?

jdub099
Posts Per Day: 1.19

Iceman24
Posts Per Day: 7.83

Did you see my later post where I apologized for being so defensive before you decided I was a Sally? This thread is pretty worthless now so I'm just going to have a little fun with it. I was going to say I didn't ask for feedback but clearly I threw in some question marks. I intended them to be rhetorical questions, but I did technically ask for feedback. My bad. I really promise I am not here to make enemies. I'm an IT Manager too. We're a salty bunch.

Originally Posted by nateuofmn
I have the same exhaust and checked my Paypal history and paid $499. Check out easternpc on eBay. Looks like the 4" ones go for above $900. Yours should sell quick with all this feedback.
Ok, I checked them out. Here's what they're selling my exhaust for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RINEHART...item20d0731a34

Part number: 1800-0100
Price: $989.95

Did you just buy mufflers or something?

As I said, I am not selling this system anymore. I am going to paint the mufflers and heat shields with stove paint. That way I won't have to retune either. If I end up ruining the exhaust it might be back up here for sale for $50.

Last edited by jdub099; 08-09-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:53 AM
nateuofmn
Advanced

No I bought the full system. Here you can buy now for $799 or make an offer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RINEHART-CHR...item1c310430e2

Quick Reply: RINEHART True Duals 09-13