Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Genuine Harley Davidson Chrome Touring / Parade Fan

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Genuine Harley Davidson Chrome Touring / Parade Fan

SOLD!!!!!!!

The weather is warming up
(at least down here in Texas) and it's time to think about heat-management on your 96", 103" or 110" Twin Cam.

I purchased and installed this fan on my Ultra Classic a few months ago. I recently sold the bike and removed the fan, along with some other accessories, prior to the sale. Total miles on the bike since installing the fan = 120. Total time the fan has been operated = less than 1/2 hour (testing it after installation). Condition is still "as new" and it has never been subjected to any water or rain (even though it is water proof).

Includes all wiring, brackets and instructions.

The Harley part number is 91196-08 and the box says that it fits 2007 & up touring models. It does not fit Tri-glide models. (See information in one of the photos)

These sell for $450.00 at your local Harley Dealer.

I'll take $315.00, including shipping. JUST DROPPED THE PRICE TO $300.00!

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Genuine Harley Davidson Chrome Touring / Parade Fan-fan1.jpg   Genuine Harley Davidson Chrome Touring / Parade Fan-fan2.jpg   Genuine Harley Davidson Chrome Touring / Parade Fan-101_0065.jpg   Genuine Harley Davidson Chrome Touring / Parade Fan-101_0067.jpg   Genuine Harley Davidson Chrome Touring / Parade Fan-101_0068.jpg  

Last edited by WestTexasRanger; 05-11-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: This item has been sold.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Bump!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

I went ahead and advertised this on Craigslist but I'm hoping to sell it to an HD Forums member.

TTT

Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

PM's replied to and thanks for the trade offer.

Take it to the Top

Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

This would also make the Ultimate cooling fan for your computer!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Where does the horn get relocated?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 AM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Sorry, one other question. Is on/off controlled by one of the Acc switches?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 AM
dacula951
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

DavesFLHX, I installed and tested one of these so I can answer your questions.

The kit should come with a new horn and bracket. It gets relocated to the right side just in front of the tank. You remove the front tank bolt and use it to attach the bracket. The kit comes with something to extend the horn wiring from the stock location.

The user does not control the on/off of the fan. The harness comes with a connector that attaches to the accessory connector under the seat near the battery, but this is only for the fan circuit to obtain the ignition on/off state. The fan is switched on by means of a temperature sensor that gets attached to the back of the stock air cleaner. After the fan turns on, it sucks air from the left and blows to the right. This ensures that the temperature sensor turns the fan off again only after it gets cooler air off of the engine.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Originally Posted by DavesFLHX
Where does the horn get relocated?
Originally Posted by DavesFLHX
Sorry, one other question. Is on/off controlled by one of the Acc switches?
Originally Posted by dacula951
The kit should come with a new horn and bracket. It gets relocated to the right side just in front of the tank. You remove the front tank bolt and use it to attach the bracket. The kit comes with something to extend the horn wiring from the stock location.

The user does not control the on/off of the fan. The harness comes with a connector that attaches to the accessory connector under the seat near the battery, but this is only for the fan circuit to obtain the ignition on/off state. The fan is switched on by means of a temperature sensor that gets attached to the back of the stock air cleaner. After the fan turns on, it sucks air from the left and blows to the right. This ensures that the temperature sensor turns the fan off again only after it gets cooler air off of the engine.
Dacula951's explanation is spot-on. However, I would like to add that you don't have to use the temperature sensor. The fan can be easily wired to the fairing mounted accessory switch, which is what I did. The temperature sensor is included with the kit and you can decide on whether you want to let it operate automatically or manually.

DavesFLHX: This will keep your head & cylinders cooler, resulting in cooler oil temperatures which will in turn help prolong the life of your motor. Don't hestitate, call now, operators are standing by to take your order!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Did I mention that I need the money to help spoil my grand kids?

TTT

Quick Reply: Genuine Harley Davidson Chrome Touring / Parade Fan