Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Klock Werks SS Slip ons???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Klock Werks SS Slip ons???

Does anyone have these on their scoots and what do you think of them. i just bought a par at a great price. im still waiting for them to come in. i was wondering about opinions.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you mean to post in the classifieds section? Non the less....

I had the 4" ones. I bought them and used them for a week, while waiting for my rineharts to come in. Sound was nice. Much mellower than the rineharts 3.5"ers.

Last edited by pontiac69; 08-17-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Depdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my 2012 Street Glide. I like them very much. Love the deep sound without the loud rapping. I got mine for a great price, loved the look of the angle cut to match the saddlebags, and I got the shorter ones. I have been very happy with them so far.

Glenn

Old 08-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 4" straight shots, love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enough said.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:31 AM
HD_Shock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably shouldn't answer this is the classified section but what the heck ...

Love my Super Saver shorts! I got the slash up version so they match the angle of the bags. I like them because they're not annoyingly loud at highway speeds but have a nice bark when you get on it. Not too deep and not too tinny. The rolled edges are a bonus. Also, quality is top notch ... chrome still looks new after 14k miles.

If you go slash ups, you might consider painting the insides as you can see pretty far into the rear of the pipe. Towards the edges they are chrome but it fades into raw by the time it hits the baffle and looks tacky. I just used some flat black header paint. Another suggestion is to locktite all the screws that hold the baffles in place. About 500 miles after installing, I noticed one the screws just laying in the pipe. (rolled edges saved the day! lol) After locktite-ing, haven't had another issue.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:32 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_Shock
Probably shouldn't answer this is the classified section but what the heck ...

i know, i screwed up posting it there. i was really worn out after work and found a set on ebay for a great price. i was wondering if they were too good to be true.

Love my Super Saver shorts! I got the slash up version so they match the angle of the bags. I like them because they're not annoyingly loud at highway speeds but have a nice bark when you get on it. Not too deep and not too tinny. The rolled edges are a bonus. Also, quality is top notch ... chrome still looks new after 14k miles.

If you go slash ups, you might consider painting the insides as you can see pretty far into the rear of the pipe. Towards the edges they are chrome but it fades into raw by the time it hits the baffle and looks tacky. I just used some flat black header paint. Another suggestion is to locktite all the screws that hold the baffles in place. About 500 miles after installing, I noticed one the screws just laying in the pipe. (rolled edges saved the day! lol) After locktite-ing, haven't had another issue.

beautiful scoot... OMG nice!

Originally Posted by Timmy B
I have the 4" straight shots, love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enough said.
Originally Posted by Depdog
I have them on my 2012 Street Glide. I like them very much. Love the deep sound without the loud rapping. I got mine for a great price, loved the look of the angle cut to match the saddlebags, and I got the shorter ones. I have been very happy with them so far.

Glenn
thanks for the imput even though im a dumb *** and posted it in the wrong palce... lol