Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

4 point docking Chrome with chrome caps

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Bagger71
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what transaction fee you guy's keep talking about with Paypal. I send money as a gift quite frequently and have never seen a transaction fees on my end.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Bagger71
Tourer

ny2az,

Sent you a PM

Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
ny2az
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bagger71
I'm not sure what transaction fee you guy's keep talking about with Paypal. I send money as a gift quite frequently and have never seen a transaction fees on my end.

when you send money as a gift the recipient does not get charged the 3 % fee...now if the sender , sends funds using a credit card...he will be charged the 3% instead...and when the sender sends funds from paypal cash already there or linked thru a bank saving acct...the sender does not get charged either....so no one gets the 3%...

hope this helped explain the other posts...

btw...pm sent to you...

Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Bagger71
Tourer

I knew the receiver didn't have any fees. I never pay using a credit card. That explains why I never saw any charges on my end.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:52 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Speaking of brothers, I'd think we should be trying to hookup our Harley Forums brethren instead of trying for top dollar from them. This link shows an Ebay listing that is presently more than $30 less INCLUDING the caps. Oh, and without the transaction fee.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-12-HARL...0#ht_500wt_949
Originally Posted by ny2az
Take a few pointer's here and learn....and while your at it...don't show me what an auction is at until it closes...then break out your own violin.... so I guess we have about 2 days to find out....
I have to agree.
It is in very poor form and insulting to show an E-Bay listing that has NOT ended!!! And my last checking it was $142!!!!Also times are tough and so what if a member asks full price? Efin move on if you dont want to buy it!!!! Buy it from a dealer OR buy it from a brother...So you dont want to pay full price from a member BUT you will pay full price from a Dealer? Who are you helping..Corporate America....
Glad this is sold!!! Some of you guys need to remember that not all our members are close to a dealer and can save a few bucks from buying here...
Even when you buy from a discounter you pay shipping

Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
I have to agree.
It is in very poor form and insulting to show an E-Bay listing that has NOT ended!!! And my last checking it was $142!!!!Also times are tough and so what if a member asks full price? Efin move on if you dont want to buy it!!!! Buy it from a dealer OR buy it from a brother...So you dont want to pay full price from a member BUT you will pay full price from a Dealer? Who are you helping..Corporate America....
Glad this is sold!!! Some of you guys need to remember that not all our members are close to a dealer and can save a few bucks from buying here...
Even when you buy from a discounter you pay shipping
I wasn't trying to buy the product. I have absolutely NO interest in the product. If I was I would have PM'd. I was trying to help out a fellow Forum member that might have a need for the product. So it makes MORE sense to present an option that is viable then one that has ended. Did you really suggest I should want to buy used from a Forum member for the same price as new from a dealer/discounter!? Everyone would rather have a brand new item than a used one. I very rarely pay shipping or taxes from a discounter and when I do make sure the total price (incl. shipping) is less than another option. Not near dealers? Lots of options that will ship anywhere, including Harley dealers, Ebayers, and discounters. Most of them with free shipping.

I'm happy for the OP that he sold the items. The buyer had enough information to make an educated purchase and did. So I'm happy for the buyer who found and bought what they wanted. When buyer and seller are both in the Forum you want to see the best for both of them. That doesn't necessarily mean moving on and keeping your mouth shut. That would only help half of the Forum members involved.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM
last12know
Road Master

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

you may have an excellent track record... just not with people who don't know you.... having been burned with the paypal gift deal once myself i feel obligated to point out it may not be the best way to go... i now pass on any deals with that as a condition..

you live in a sheltered world.

Originally Posted by ny2az
and you sir are a class in itself...won't mention what class...I have an excellent track record and anyone here that bought from me can verify that...my descriptions are spot on and there are no disputes...I have not had one...
so as it was said...if your not interested and price is not to your liking...

Move On....

Last edited by last12know; 04-25-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
ny2az
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by last12know
you may have an excellant track record... just not with people who don't know you.... having been burned with the paypal gift deal once myself i feel obligated to point out it may not be the best way to go... i now pass on any deals with that as a condition..

you live in a sheltered world.

this is where I have an excellent track record...on this forum....everything sold here has been out of state with no personnel relationship with buyer ever previously...and not 1 complaint...

Sry you been burned before...but that doesn't mean every seller asking for funds as gift is going to burn you...learn to do your due diligence if your not sure...don't cry wolf....

and the one living in a sheltered world obviously must be you since your afraid.....go climb back under your rock....

Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 PM
last12know
Road Master

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

explain to me how your having a good track record with a few on this forum means that others on the forum are supposed to know that?

didn't cry wolf.... pointed out a possibility. not a certainty.

you aren't worth any more of my time.. feel free to flame to your hearts content.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
RAYCE_FLHP13
Tourer

I'm not one to jump in on arguments but ny2az your rep is slowly fading. Just from the last few posts I've seen of yours on here... I would never buy from you. Now I dont mind throwin in an extra 5 to cover the fees from paypal because I've paid them quite frequently myself. and at least you're not paying the ebay fees which is 9-11% on top of the 4% paypal wants. By the time it's all said and done $100 item is now around $75. I know most would never stiff someone but there are cruel people in the world. Now to me 5 dollars is well worth the peace of mind I will have knowing i'm covered if the seller stiffs. But again here it's about the bortherhood. If something used is within a 50 dollar range of something new... I would just buy it new every time. I could probably say the same for alot of people. Now if you wanna try to get top dollar I'm not gonna say anything just pass on by... but why not try to help a fellow rider out. IF you NEED top dollar for it, well you probably shouldn't have bought it in the first place. And you live and learn. I'm glad it sold but again track records don't mean anything to me when I've never done business with you myself.

Ok rant over. Just an FYI from me which means nothing to most.

Quick Reply: 4 point docking Chrome with chrome caps