Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

HD gear shift linkage, slotted black anodized 34018-08

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:45 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wanna Ride
You are overlooking one thing. This forum is for everyone, it is not your personal stomping ground. We all come here for help and advice. When you see someone on this forum that can use your help do you help them? Yes of course you do, that is why you are here. What you are suggesting is that I sit back and keep my mouth shut and not help other members by not telling them what I know so that you can make a few more dollars. My statement was for you in case you did not know, and it was also for all the other members who might not know. That is why I posted it for all to see. I not only had the right to post that for all to see, I have an obligation to post it for all to see. What makes you think I’m supposed to be a party to you squeezing someone out of a few extra bucks? I am not on your payroll and I am not obligated to jerk someone around because it is what you want. I don’t understand why you think I am supposed to keep my mouth shut and go along with what I think is either a mistake or a bad deal instead of truthfully informing friends and other forum members. If you were selling it a little on the high side I would have said nothing, none of my business, you negotiate that with the buyer. But you had pretty much full retail listed and surely that had to be a mistake so I pointed that out to everyone, not just you, to everyone. That is because everyone has a right to know, it is not a secret for me to keep so you can make more money. Remember, we are all here to help prevent that from happening to each other, hence the public statement.

If I thought it was a good deal, I could just as easily made such a statement saying so and bumped it to the top. It goes both ways and both are legitimate. You would not have minded if I said something positive and bumped it to the top would you? Good or Bad, the truth is what it is.

You are upset because this time the truth was not in your favor and you tried to muzzle me through intimidation. You tried to smear me publicly to scare me away, and then others like you joined in. You sent me PM nasty grams and I sent them back (I’m sure both of us could have gone without those). You automatically assumed I was trying to crash your party, why didn’t you PM me and ask me about it? Why did you go public and belittle me if not because you felt like the truth was going to hurt you and you wanted to keep the truth hidden? What you did is an old trick guilty people do to intimidate others into backing off. I did not go public with this, all I did was make one informative statement for all to see and then I let it go, everything else is what you brought about.

I am not trying to make an enemy of you; I did nothing to intentionally hurt you. Hopefully one of these days what I have to say will help you. It could hurt someone trying to make a few extra dollars off you, be it a store or an individual, oh well. I make truthful statements to help people, let the chips fall where they will.

Wanna Ride, are you understanding my point of view? This is not a web site we go to in order to hurt or take advantage of each other. You are thinking about yourself and what you want and nothing else. You are forgetting this is a public forum with members that help each other. I am not the only one obligated to inform others, you are too.

Last edited by jjnoble; 08-14-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Congratulations. You finally spoke like a responsible adult... only after you thought about it for awhile, and realized the delivery of your initial post was perhaps harsh and out of line. And now, you seem to legitimaize it by trying to make me sound like some huge conglomerate corporation, that enslaves young children in foreign sweat shops, feeding on the deceptive earnings of thousands of overworked, underpaid fellow Americans.

I'm a working stiff, just like you. I bought a simple part for my bike at the local dealership (for $129, plus about $8 in tax), realized a couple days later, that I preferred the chrome one instead of the black one. The dealership doesn't give refunds on installed parts, so I thought I'd buy the chrome one, and sell the black one for 30% less than I paid for it. My bad, oh well.

But you seem to be insistent that I sell it to someone for about $50 because it isn't factory shrink-wrapped anymore. By the way, I removed it from the bike last night and with the exception of the missing
shrink-wrapped packaging and it still looks like it's brand new... because it is. It's not a set of tires that have already been used for 30% of their life expectancy, or a dented fueltank, or a scratched windshield. It's a piece of two-week old, anodized, billet aluminum.

I'm glad you are thrifty and are aware of where the best internet price is available on this product. Thanks for sharing that info with myself and the rest of the membership. I am indebted to you for that bit of financial salvation. I'll remember it the next time I have an impulse to buy something for my bike, that I cannot locate here in the classifieds.

But to badger me or publicly pound your chest because you have located a better price then myself, on a shiny trinket... is it necessary? I'm asuming you are aware of the costs associated with a sale like this, but allow me to touch on this for a moment... I will incur a paypal fee of approximately $8-10, and it's safe to say it may very well cost approximately $8-10 to ship it insured with delivery confirmation to somewhere as far as the west coast.

So, that all being said, and factoring in what I paid for it, I will lose somewhere between $50-$58 for selling this part for the $100 I requested. I'm not asking pity because of my indecisive ways, or pleading for sympathy, so that the people of my village can hopefully one day eat again, I'm just explaining the situation... on my terms. Now I'm not suggesting that someone absolutely MUST buy this part, or I'll kidnap their children. Just that if they WISH to buy it... I want $100 for it. There. Charge me with a felony for being so evil and deceitful. Please, please, I beg you forgive me.

What you are suggesting is that I sit back and keep my mouth shut and not help other members by not telling them what I know so that you can make a few more dollars.
I applaud your good honor and decency, sir.

This is not a web site we go to in order to hurt or take advantage of each other.
Really? That's your defense?

I have a difficult time believing this was your initial intent.

Last edited by Wanna Ride; 08-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Cricket11
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

PM sent. LMK. Thx. Cricket

Old 08-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Cricket11
Road Master

Money sent for the linkage - that's what this thread was originally about, right? - Thanks for the good deal.
Cricket

Old 08-14-2011, 07:41 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see we are never going to agree on this so lets go our separate ways.

Just one more thing. When using paypal, send the money as a personal gift and you won't have to pay any fees.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Item SOLD and no longer available.

jjnoble, thanks for the many bumps!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by randytro
I just re-read this entire post. Wanna ride, you have got to be a narcissist, a full blown, hard core butch narcissist.
I'm impressed, you spelled that correctly.

Glad to see you had nothing better to do. I was merely trying to sell a part removed from my bike when guys like you had to throw in their worthless two-cents.

Poke a stick at me, and I'll poke back.

If it concerns you so much, pm me where we can meet and we can discuss it in person.

Last edited by Wanna Ride; 08-15-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Cricket11
Road Master

Originally Posted by jjnoble
But you had pretty much full retail listed and surely that had to be a mistake so I pointed that out to everyone.
Full blown retail, really? When I looked everywhere-not at 20% off dealers- they were over $135.00 with either tax or shipping, so why is 100 bucks not a good deal. I made a PM offer, and got a good deal, I am happy, end of story. Guess this will go on for someone's ego.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Cricket, your linkage shipped out earlier today. I just sent you a message including your tracking info, thanks again for the smooth transaction!

Old 08-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Cricket11
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Cricket, your linkage shipped out earlier today. I just sent you a message including your tracking info, thanks again for the smooth transaction!
Thanks for the deal, Ride safe. Cricket

Quick Reply: HD gear shift linkage, slotted black anodized 34018-08