Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

HD gear shift linkage, slotted black anodized 34018-08

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

sent ya a message....

Old 08-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Good for you, Mr. Negative. Now, mind your own business.

For all others, pm me if you have any questions or offers.
Negative hell........ you pay new price for a used car?? take it to your dealer and trade it in and see what they would give ya.....

I would buy new all day long before saving 3 bucks..... dealer has 20% off everyday here!

SO SHIPPING isnt a factor..... I think you outta lighten up...

Old 08-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, isnt that special? Now we've heard from both Mr, and his bride, Mrs Negative.

If you're not interested in it, then just move along. No need to hijack threads.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:29 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

can't we all just get along? i'll give ya $50, pick it up in person and split a 6 pack of beer with you.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by randytro
Added: Hijacking a thread is when you change the subject from what was intended. Pointing out a fact about your subject is not hijacking. What you did is called a false accusation, or more simply put....a lie.
As I said before... I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff on here and everyone I've dealt with has been very happy. I've never beat anyone up on their price, and I've never had to accept less than my asking price. My items I've sold have always been exactly as described, and likewise, I've been very satisfied with the items I've purchased.

However, I've found many times, someone feels it necessary to comment on something they have no intent or desire to purchase. As in this situation, many have stuck their nose where it does not belong. Only the intent of malice would encourage someone to negatively criticize someone's thread... hence the suggestion of hijacking. So I have to disagree with your description of the term. If someone is truly disturbed by a suggested price, then it's pretty simple... pm the seller and leave it at that. I suggest you speal with any of the fine folks I have bought or sold to.

While I have not been a member here as long as some, I certainly have been a productive and contributing member as long as I have been here.

And sir, I stand by my initial suggestion... if it doesn't concern you, then mind your own business. If you do not wish to accept my offer of parts for sale, then kindly move along.

There's some members here who have no intent of buying anything from anyone, but they just wish to stir the pot. Explain to me how they are being productive and contributing to the site. You can't, because they are not. They only wish to come here, talk **** and mire in their own simple hate and discontent.

PS - thanks for the bump to the top.

Last edited by Wanna Ride; 08-13-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:29 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

The original poster stated he has received positive feed back from previous sales and purchases. This indicates the individual is honest, you may cheat one or two people,BUT, should you choose to lie and deceive, it WILL come back and bite you. I enjoy looking through the wtb and the for sale postings. In the event I come accross an item that I would be interested in and the price I consider to be high I will PM the seller and make an offer. What one individual considers reasonable, another may feel other wise. In the event you are not able to come to an agreement move on, no one stated you had to buy the item, it is there for you to decide to buy or pass. All of us have seen posts by members that were unhappy with a vendor or seller no one was bashful about telling the world about their discontent. I personally have never seen any negative post directed at WannaRide regarding any sales. We are all adults here, lets move on.
Peace

Old 08-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'll take it!

I'll take the free one with the $20 wrapped around it!
Should I pm you with my home address?
;D

Old 08-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by randytro
I think there is far to much bashing going on, so I have to point out to you that you sir are the one who started the bashing.
I have to point out to you, that I don't believe the intent of the first reponse (listed below) was posted for any purpose other than bashing.

$103.96 brand new, $100 doesn't sound all that good.
And just to confirm, I have received several offers in appropriate PMs, both for purchases and trades. I have respectfully declined those offers. There's decent members here, who also know that I am an honest member. As I've said before, this entire discussion really does not concern you. But if you continue to reply, I'll gladly oblige you. I'm on vacation for two more weeks, so I have all the time in the world to continue responding.

Again, thanks for the bump. Item still for sale.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:32 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
I have to point out to you, that I don't believe the intent of the first reponse (listed below) was posted for any purpose other than bashing.

And just to confirm, I have received several offers in appropriate PMs, both for purchases and trades. I have respectfully declined those offers. There's decent members here, who also know that I am an honest member. As I've said before, this entire discussion really does not concern you. But if you continue to reply, I'll gladly oblige you. I'm on vacation for two more weeks, so I have all the time in the world to continue responding.

Again, thanks for the bump. Item still for sale.

Wanna Ride, you miss understood my intentions. It looked like you did not know the cost of a new linkage, I tried to help you but you turned out to be a jerk.

And while I'm at it, you and your little buddies do not make the rules of this forum and you do not tell me or anyone else what to do or how to do it. You do not stand above the rest of us, and your attempts at getting what you want through intimidation by slamming someone is pathetic.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jjnoble
Wanna Ride, you miss understood my intentions.
I would like to think that, but I don't believe so. If your intent was to inform me, then why not just send your response to me in a private message, instead of posting your response in the public forum for everyone to see?

Your words...
$100 doesn't sound all that good.
Is that worded in a positive intent? Was that really necessary? How do you think I should have responded? It's that very kind of BS that deters others from coming here, or positively participating and contributing.

I tried to help
Your above initial response, doesn't really sound like a helpful statement.

And while I'm at it, you and your little buddies do not make the rules of this forum
Nope, you're right. But there are some things that are implied.

you do not tell me or anyone else what to do or how to do it.
I am certainly entitled to tell someone to stay out of my thread if you are just going to be negative or hijack it.

and your attempts at getting what you want through intimidation by slamming someone is pathetic.
And exactly what is it that I was attempting to "get what I want". And through intimidation? Please explain.

Look, everyone that's gotten involved, please hear what I have to say...

If someone has something to post for sale, is it necessary to offer any input if you're not interested in buying? Why does anyone care how much someone is asking as their price? And if you're truly concerned that maybe the seller is ill-informed of the value, then why can't it be addressed in a pm? I think it's simple respect and etiquette. And when you post something that can easily be perceived as negative, directly to someone... expect them to respond accordingly. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said "mind your own business", I meant it sincerely. It's not like I was trying to rape someone's sisters or mothers in an alley, or steal your grandmother's purse. I was merely posting an item I had for sale, and how much I wanted for it. If it's not for you, then quietly move along.

It's totally up to me how much I ask for it, and it's totally up to the buyer on how much he offers for it. Other than that... it's no one's business.

I'll stand by my earlier statements...

Everyone I have ever sold to on here, has certainly been satisifed, as I have always described my items accurately, we came to a mutual pricing agreement, shipped in a timely manner and followed up with proper communications by thanking the buyer.

As for everything I've bought from members here... I've asked questions in advance, requested pics to eliminate confusion, we came to a mutual pricing agreement, I paid in a timely manner, and followed up with communications by thanking the seller.

All of which were no interest to anyone other than myself and the person involved in the final transaction.

I'll add that these are the basic fundamentals of being involved in trade transactions, whether in an online community or in person.

Quick Reply: HD gear shift linkage, slotted black anodized 34018-08