Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Quit buying to resale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 12:04 PM
blink1968
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's just jealous he didn't think of it first

Old 07-03-2011, 01:54 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I happen to agree with the OP. I have sold items with the intentions of giving others a good deal. I have even given items to others in need as a "pay it forward" gesture. And have had items given to me with the same gesture. So the OP has a point as many here are trying to sell for a "fair" price that is beneficial to both parties. Then when one seems to take advantage of the gesture. That would **** me off too. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Throwback
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's look at it this way.

If I find a $100 bill.....

then I sell it on here for $25 ...

Have I made $25 or lost $75????

Point is, it makes no difference what someone has invested in an item for sale. They are not holding a gun on you to buy it. If you want it at their price then buy it. But don't get pissed if someone else buys it, because when they do.....They own it! Then they can do whatever they want with it. Even resell it at any price they chose.

Last edited by Throwback; 07-03-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:00 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I think the point of this thread is many of us do try to help others out. When they take advantage of that is when this whole point that the OP is trying to make comes into play.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:18 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwback
Let's look at it this way.

If I find a $100 bill.....

then I sell it on here for $25 ...

Have I made $25 or lost $75????

Point is, it makes no difference what someone has invested in an item for sale. They are not holding a gun on you to buy it. If you want it at their price then buy it. But don't get pissed if someone else buys it, because when they do.....They own it! Then they can do whatever they want with it. Even resell it at any price they chose.
ditto. Hey if you find a $100 bill I will gladly give you $50 for it tho. lol.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
I think the point of this thread is many of us do try to help others out. When they take advantage of that is when this whole point that the OP is trying to make comes into play.
I leave that stuff to Santa. I'd get a headache if I tried to figure out if I was "helping somebody out" every time I sold something.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:26 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
LMAO.....

OK lets see if i understand, someone sells something cheap then,
someone buys said item and sells it for more to make a profit to someone else who will pay more to still save some money...
Whoever thought of such a thing?????
It's them damn Capitalists up to no good again.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:12 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,042 Likes on 11,613 Posts

Maybe 'this person' is a day trader and it supplements his paltry income....
When times are tough, he stays up all night looking for deals.
If I were in the market for a specific item, I'd be checking this page
every hour on the hour....not wanting to miss out.

All you gotta do is 'beat him to the punch' and the item will be yours.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Rhetor
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by po1192
Most us come to this site to get rid of stuff we want to upgrade. It is nice to find parts at a portion of their original price, HOWEVER, at least one member bids on a ton of stuff and then resales it.....ya...I know its not illegal.....but it does suck for all of us trying to find a deal on a certain part. Pay attention, he is on this page!!!! JUst FYI
Are we "bidding" on this thread? I, uh, thought we were buying and selling, "sell and resell" or "sale and resale?" Is this a grammar issue?

Yeah, I don't like it either . . . kind of undermines the "community" issue and feeling . . . but there is always that one guy (or gal) coming to your neighborhood yardsale, elbowing the good neighbors out of the way, finding a good deal, but badgering the neighborhood seller till they come down; the buyer takes it home; puts the item on craigslist or eBay (or takes the item their "antique mall"), or back on the same forum or on all of them, marking the item up again to just 10% of the cost of new and RESELLS it to someone else who doesn't care about the retail history of the item.

Not polite, violates the sense of community, stings a little bit, but not illegal . . . I just won't buy from the guy . . . pretty obvious who it is . . . low number of posts, high number of things for resell. Everybody has a family member they mostly avoid because they take advantage of family members . . . seems the best way . . . keep it private, and in the family, and avoid them at the family reunion . . . can't blame people selling . . . they, well, are just selling!

Bad family etiquette leads to bad mojo.

Sorry the OP missed out on a sale . . . I guess you just have "bid" higher . . . I set a price in my mind and let it go if it is more than that. I generally simply pay the asking price, because I find most in the community are like me . . . they set a fair savings price on used stuff or on new stuff they found they can't really use. If prices by any sellers seem to close to new for me, I just buy a new part.

Maybe a MOD will shut this thread down or move it . . . kind of smells like aunt Bethel's leftover meatloaf . . . just been around too long before the family gathering and stinks just enough that it should not be served at the family picnic.

That's my 2 cents (IMHO) . . . and it's not for resale. :-)

Last edited by Rhetor; 07-03-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

I kinda agree with the op on this. If I wanted to get maximum possible revenue for a used bike part I have, I'd post it on e-bay where anyone in the entire world can bid on it.

It's a little different when I post something on here for a set price... I'm offering it up to a smaller, closer community in the hopes that I can help out a fellow member, AND generate a little cabbage in the interest of some different mods for my bike.

But some of you are not at all interested in anyone other than yourselves, so maybe you can't comprehend this type of gesture.

And really... we're going to pick on his grammar too? No wonder it's such a hard concept for you to embrace.