Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

**SOLD** Touring premium oil cooler for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow dude. That reaction is a little over the top.

As honorsdaddy was saying, I was just trying to help you out. If your intent is to market to an internet-savvy audience, you should at least do a little research to see what fair market value is. That is what I do every time I post something for sale. Or at least be open to advice given to you by fellow forum members. I have found most people here to be helpful and friendly.

In no way was my comment intended to be inflammatory.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM
08ultraglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought fair market value was a price that the buyer and a seller agree to.

Just a idea, instead of posting where you can buy it cheaper and maybe killing a sale, PM your information to the seller with your offer for his part.

Just my 2 cents

Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 08ultraglide
I always thought fair market value was a price that the buyer and a seller agree to.

Just a idea, instead of posting where you can buy it cheaper and maybe killing a sale, PM your information to the seller with your offer for his part.

Just my 2 cents
+1 on this ... slamming each other ain't cool. Either pm the dude, or just pass.

Good luck on your sale.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 AM
apbtlvr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pricing

What happened to looking out for a fellow rider? I'm not going to sit and watch somebody get screwed over. The rest of you can do that but I CANNOT in good conscience sit and do nothing. That is what is wrong with this country now!

Last edited by apbtlvr; 04-14-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by apbtlvr
What happened to looking out for a fellow rider? I'm not going to sit and watch somebody get screwed over. The rest of you can do that but I CANNOT in good conscience sit and do nothing. That is what is wrong with this country now!
I agree with you. I hate to see anyone get taken advantage of but most Harley owners are pretty savvy about buying and selling. I would bet if you ask them, they can do their own price researching. What may be a high price for some may not be for others.

Price shopping is one thing. Buying something because it's what you want with less consideration about the price is something else sometimes.

Discretion is the better part of valor even when it's looking out for fellow rider. I'm sure intentions are appreciated.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:24 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

If that is the case you ought to stand infront of a dealership. What about the seller? He is a fellow rider. Maybe he needed that cost to complete his house payment or bike payment? Your argument is BS. What is wrong is American screwing American just like you just did.

Bottom line the guy stated his selling cost, Do not want it move on. Got something to say PM. There was nothing wrong with the original.

This whole thread turned into a un-necessary rant for all involved.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
If that is the case you ought to stand infront of a dealership. What about the seller? He is a fellow rider. Maybe he needed that cost to complete his house payment or bike payment? Your argument is BS. What is wrong is American screwing American just like you just did.

Bottom line the guy stated his selling cost, Do not want it move on. Got something to say PM. There was nothing wrong with the original.

This whole thread turned into a un-necessary rant for all involved.
Yep....

Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 AM
apbtlvr
Road Captain

leicafish I'll PM you

Old 04-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I couldn't agree more. Man, everyone is so worried about doing or saying the wrong thing! Or the right thing the wrong way..........jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjeeeeeeezzzzzzzz

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I'm going to chime in anyway.

I opened this thread because I was interested in an oil cooler.
The price sounded a little high but I wasn't sure.

"JCleary" did me a favor ! Thanks JC

PMing someone isn't going to help the "other" guy. In this case ME.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Too Short
Cruiser

Item sold