Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

***shipping costs***

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Schmidtty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***shipping costs***

warning to you guys selling items on here...shipping costs are going through the roof!

I sold my stock front fender on these classifieds w/free shipping to the buyer. It cost me $49.49 to ship the fender from Arkansas to Ohio.

Just a warning to you guys offering free shipping or you guys purchasing items and being responsible for reimbursing shipping costs.

Schmidtty

Last edited by Schmidtty; 04-11-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

open an account with fed ex and save 25-30%

Old 04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Yea i hear you!!! I bought a set of Street Glide wheels From a member on here and It cost an arm and a leg!! Worst part was the Fuggin Idiot din't know how to pack or just dint care and both rims had major damage...Infact one of the rims was so BEAT up it was missing a EFIN Bearing!!! Unbelievable...O-well live and learn!!!! Best bet is to have some kind of idea what shipping will cost BEFORE you offer shipping!!! Another live and learn i guess!! Costly mistake on your part i would say... Reminds me of an old saying...What goes around comes around...
Here are pics of some of the damage to SG wheels...

Attached Thumbnails ***shipping costs***-dsc02843.jpg   ***shipping costs***-dsc02879.jpg  

Last edited by riteway; 04-11-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
horsefoots
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No kidding, sold a few things including shipping...plus they are now adding a fuel surcharge.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
gibby122
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, that stinks. id bought a set of rims a couple and half years ago, and fed ex thru them over my back 6ft fence, one of the rims had minor damage at the axle area as well but was still very usable, but that damage you have there is rediculous. so when i sold a set of rims, i took some wood and made end caps to protect them. so those selling and shipping rims.... beware.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:23 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
Yea i hear you!!! I bought a set of Street Glide wheels From a member on here and It cost an arm and a leg!! Worst part was the Fuggin Idiot din't know how to pack or just dint care and both rims had major damage...Infact one of the rims was so BEAT up it was missing a EFIN Bearing!!! Unbelievable...O-well live and learn!!!! Best bet is to have some kind of idea what shipping will cost BEFORE you offer shipping!!! Another live and learn i guess!! Costly mistake on your part i would say... Reminds me of an old saying...What goes around comes around...
Some guys have no idea how to prep something to ship. They think masking tape can be used to seal the box

Old 04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
Man...I hope you didn't let that go. That is seriously screwed up.

lp

Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 PM
rg567
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for comparison purposes, FLHX wheels and tires from CA to WI were around $50/each. USPS was the cheapest. This was a couple months ago...

Old 04-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wheels? Fenders? Yep. Oversized boxes get charged a premium.

Good idea to have the items boxed, the boxes measured and weighed before quoting any freight charges.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:23 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELL YES , they are going up and up !!! Now they have this EXTRA charge because it is a SPECIAL AREA ( Isolated) ? WHAT the heck is that?? Well they have a hard time getting to it, I mean can they just stop the add ons and take my First Born ( They can have all of them )

Quick Reply: ***shipping costs***