Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

***shipping costs***

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Try shipping an inner fairing. That's a big box with a big price.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys should see what it costs to ship stuff to Alaska! I had to open an account with a "shipping forwarder" in Washington State. Its cheaper to have my stuff shipped to Washington and have them thrown it on a Jet to Alaska than to pay USPS/UPS/FEDEX!

Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Cheech2010FLHTK
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some guys have to remember if shipping isn't included in the price and the buyer is paying to ship. Sometimes cheapest is not always the best and vice/versa.

Packaging is key. I'm sure if a stealer sent a package and the item was damaged during shipping they would be screaming holy hell and then post it here. Packing an item the way you would want to receive it. Not in tissue paper and some band-aids. ( extremely poor packaging).
If your not sure how to pack an item pay/charge the extra to have it done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Wrap item, with cloth or bubble wrap
tape just to hold wrap in place (packaging tape)
box Larger then the item being shipped (just slightly larger not 2 or 3 feet),
add filler (rags or paper balled up) to keep item from moving around or getting crushed.
Tape box tight (the way you would a gift to tease your bro/sis)
get prices to ship from USPS/UPS/FedEx ask buyer preferred method
Tracking numbers of some type are always nice for the buyer as well.

Just my $ 0.02

Old 04-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good points Cheech.

One more thing: If using foam peanuts for packing always overfill the box. The peanuts will settle in transit and lock together leaving space in the box for the merch to shift around.

The more full the better!

I always pack anything I'm shipping as if it is a priceless piece of crystal that I'm shipping to my Grandma.

YOU CANNOT OVERPROTECT WHEN SHIPPING!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Cost me $98, plus a box, to ship a thunderheader exhaust from FL to CA. I got SCREWED!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
hdoilcan
Tourer

What pisses me off is when ppl way over charge on shipping. Shipping is high enough. Stop trying to rape ppl. I was just going to buy a set of 4 point docking mounts on ebay and the guy wanted $20.00 for shipping. They could fit in a smat flat rate priority box and shipped for $5.20. I would have paid up to $10.00 for shipping but not $20.00. Auction ended with no bids.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not only is shipping high, but deliveries are very inconsistant too, at least USPS anyway.
I shipped my modified 2-1 headpipe to a forum member at the same time he was to send out the money order.
I got the money order in time but two weeks later he still hadn't received the headpipe.
I sent him a refund right away and figured the headpipe got lost. A week or two later, he buy's another exhaust system and was in the process of installing it when the box I sent him shows up!!
He got himself a free 2-1 modified headpipe!!!
(I told him to keep it because I darn sure didn't want to pay the crazy high RETURN shipping costs again to get it back..... and take a chance of maybe not getting it at all!!!).
Geez, Now I wish I still had it.......as it turned out, it was better than what I replaced it with.
Even yet another lesson learned.

I just sent a Paint set (2 big boxes) to a member in Canada, I told him to send the Money Order after he receives and inspects the set ............I do hope that gets there in a reasonable amount of time!!
We'll see I guess.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Johnny Wolf
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also....don't ship via your local "Postal Annex" they charge USPS/FED-X/UPS standard fees plus their mark-up, and don't ever pay any of them to pack a box for you (RIP OFF!).

Only ship USPS if it will fit in a flat rate box, if not, ship UPS or Fed X. If you know someone with a business, or the company you work for ships, try to ship it through them. I save about 30-40% shipping through one of the business I call on.

And most importantly, if you wouldn't feel comfortable dropping the box you just packed yourself from atop a six foot ladder, re-pack it!

Old 04-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Johnny Wolf
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by legendzzz
HELL YES , they are going up and up !!! Now they have this EXTRA charge because it is a SPECIAL AREA ( Isolated) ? WHAT the heck is that?? Well they have a hard time getting to it, I mean can they just stop the add ons and take my First Born ( They can have all of them )
It's called a "rural area". I ALWAYS state in my e-bay ads, and when I post items in any forum for sale, "If you live in a rural area, shipping will be more. Contact me prior to bidding or purchasing for a quote".

Old 04-12-2011, 11:06 PM
tat2fatboy
Advanced

i shipped a seat and grips today ups, the cost for both 53.69!!! ouch and dont forget the paypal fees.

Quick Reply: ***shipping costs***