Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Primary Gear Ratio Change

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Primary Gear Ratio Change

-- here is a description from their book::
::::This is the kit that will help you get the holeshot at the race track. This kit increases vehicle acceleration by allowing the engine to spin higher RPM
s at any given vehicle speed. This new combination results in a 1.7:1 primary drive ratio, versus the stock 1.44:1 ratio. Requires separate purchase of Primary Cover Gasket. Kit includes 21 tooth compensator (25 tooth is stock) sprocket and primary chain.::::

This is for a Primary Gear Ratio Change kit to boost your Harley’s take off torque!! Works like a champ, I know cause I have one!!!
I did not list makes and years this will fit, because I don't trust that. This was supposed to fit my bike, it didn't, and so I ordered another one. So I have this one, never installed, and so it is New!! I had to learn the hard way on what this fits.

I THINK this fits a 80-06 HARLEY FLT FXR/S/T
I KNOW it fits - if you currently have a stock 25 tooth motor sprocket and a 76 link primary chain!!!!!

[Inside the Kit - is a 21 tooth motor sprocket and 74 link chain]

Like I said, I have one, and it works great!!! It really gave me a jump off the line that my bike was missing. I would never go back to stock.

This kit has never been installed, and cost over $125 new. Asking $75 +$10 to ship.

For sale locally as well, [craigslist]. .
Thanks!!