Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

HPI modified 54mm FBW throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:05 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HPI modified 54mm FBW throttle body

HPI modified FBW throttle body. was a 50 has been bored out to 54mm with a 1.800 manifold on it. This is from HPI's site:

Through a core exchange program, we modify the existing stock units to meet your specific needs. The stock 50mm FBW throttle body is bored to a 54mm and attached is a custom intake manifold specific to your build requirements. The stock 58mm FBW throttle body is turned into a large plenum throttle body through a 62mm intake attachment, once again specific to your build requirements.
Available intake port diameters are 1.660, 1.710 and 1.800. Extended deck lengths are raised .032” or .060” and a file to fit option. Through these modifications, HPI is able to offer our customers a FBW throttle body solution that is affordable and unmatched in quality.
Part Number
Intake Runner
Retail $
HPI-FBWR-16
$450
HPI-FBWR-17
$450
HPI-FBWR-18
$450

I will sell my entire TB for $500 shipped, that way, you still have your original TB to do what you please with, and for some reason if you do not like the upgrade, you can always switch back to your 50. Also, the manifold that has been "siamesed" on seems to be removable, so if you do not need a 1.800, I am pretty certain that HPI can supply any size you need. If that is the case, I will check with HPI to make sure. I just had this TB done by HPI in Febuary, and there is less than 300 miles on it. I am going another way with my motor, so everything is for sale. Injectors, IAF, fuel rail and line, and map sensor are NOT included. Not wait time and no core exchange. Like getting a stock TB for $50 and saving all the shipping. $500 shipped!!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:18 PM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPI 54 throttle body

Hey WhiteGoldSG,

I see you have this posted twice. I replied in the "multi-fit" section and sent a PM saying I will take it. Still for sale?

Bob

Originally Posted by WhiteGoldSG
HPI modified FBW throttle body. was a 50 has been bored out to 54mm with a 1.800 manifold on it. This is from HPI's site:

Through a core exchange program, we modify the existing stock units to meet your specific needs. The stock 50mm FBW throttle body is bored to a 54mm and attached is a custom intake manifold specific to your build requirements. The stock 58mm FBW throttle body is turned into a large plenum throttle body through a 62mm intake attachment, once again specific to your build requirements.
Available intake port diameters are 1.660, 1.710 and 1.800. Extended deck lengths are raised .032” or .060” and a file to fit option. Through these modifications, HPI is able to offer our customers a FBW throttle body solution that is affordable and unmatched in quality.
Part Number

Intake Runner

Retail $

HPI-FBWR-16

$450

HPI-FBWR-17

$450

HPI-FBWR-18

$450

I will sell my entire TB for $500 shipped, that way, you still have your original TB to do what you please with, and for some reason if you do not like the upgrade, you can always switch back to your 50. Also, the manifold that has been "siamesed" on seems to be removable, so if you do not need a 1.800, I am pretty certain that HPI can supply any size you need. If that is the case, I will check with HPI to make sure. I just had this TB done by HPI in Febuary, and there is less than 300 miles on it. I am going another way with my motor, so everything is for sale. Injectors, IAF, fuel rail and line, and map sensor are NOT included. Not wait time and no core exchange. Like getting a stock TB for $50 and saving all the shipping. $500 shipped!!