Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - Long Angled

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:50 PM
tstyles
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - Long Angled

I bought these used and they were supposed to be the short versions. They look fine on the bike, some blemishes in the chrome on the clamp. I wasn't able to get a good picture but it's not noticeable when mounted. If you are looking for a new set... keep looking. These aren't but they are priced right.

$45 shipped.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll take them, PM sent

Old 06-06-2010, 10:02 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

worked out a trade deal with seller for my short ones. he says he is shipping em out on monday
Thanks Todd

Last edited by leohd; 06-06-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:05 AM
tstyles
Cruiser

Originally Posted by leohd
worked out a trade deal with seller for my short ones. he says he is shipping em out on monday
Thanks Todd
B*ll Sh*t

We did have a trade deal and I did ship mine out on Monday, but "leohd" didn't ship his. I repeatedly asked him to ship his mounts out because I needed them this weekend.

Here's the real story... he waited until mine arrived, decided they wouldn't work for his custom project and he shipped mine back to me yesterday.

uh... that's not a "trade deal". That's a "you ship me your stuff and if it works for me, I'll keep it. If not, you get your stuff back" deal. Not quite the same. If he had been honest with his intentions, I wouldn't have agreed. Now I'm back to square one looking for some short arm mounts.

Thanks for wasting my time and jerking me around. Be cautious when dealing with "leohd" and be certain of his actual intentions before you agree to anything.

It's people like him that cause everyone to have reservations when dealing on the internet.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

I have bought, sold, traded on these forums with no problems, whoever decides to buy these or trade can POST THE REAL CONDITION, TSTYLES states blemishes not noticeable when mounted??????????? clamps have a BIG BLISTER of CHROME PEELING peg ARMS are KNICKED UP, set SCREWS to secure pegs are MISSING, he stated he needed my pegs by the weekend and the shipment would have arrived but he also provided no tracking when I asked, I tried giving the benefit of the doubt, but unless your blind you will notice the lousy chrome. BUYERS BEWARE
tstles if you give a total honest description you might have better luck on internet dealings.

Last edited by leohd; 06-10-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:34 AM
tstyles
Cruiser

I have bought, sold, traded on these forums with no problems, whoever decides to buy these or trade can POST THE REAL CONDITION, TSTYLES states blemishes not noticeable when mounted??????????? clamps have a BIG BLISTER of CHROME PEELING peg ARMS are KNICKED UP, set SCREWS to secure pegs are MISSING, he stated he needed my pegs by the weekend and the shipment would have arrived but he also provided no tracking when I asked, I tried giving the benefit of the doubt, but unless your blind you will notice the lousy chrome. BUYERS BEWARE
tstles if you give a total honest description you might have better luck on internet dealings.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. I did say there were flaws in the chrome. Just about every one of these clamps I've looked at have the problems. You also can't see it with them mounted on the bike unless you are on your hands and knees looking at them.

Look at the pictures... the peg screws are clearly there. But, they aren't new and I specifically mentioned that in the ad and priced them accordingly. I still think $40 and $5 shipping is a great price.

Did I provide a tracking number? Nope, didn't spend the extra $$. Did you receive the shipment? It would appear that you did. Did you ship your mounts to me? NO. Do I care? Absolutely not. I can't be sure you even have anything to ship. I never asked for any pictures since I trusted you. My mistake.

You also never emailed to express your concerns about the quality of the mounts you received. You told me they wouldn't fit on your powercoated highway bars and you were shipping mine back to me. You told me you planned to powercoat these anyway. Looks like I'm out $5 so you could "test fit" them. That wasn't the agreement.

You are the only one that didn't follow through.

Last edited by tstyles; 06-10-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tstyles
Be cautious when dealing with "leohd" and be certain of his actual intentions before you agree to anything.
You have every right to be pi**ed about this. The buyer should make it right for you by sending his parts to you, or paying for them outright, including the extra shipping costs.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:24 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
You have every right to be pi**ed about this. The buyer should make it right for you by sending his parts to you, or paying for them outright, including the extra shipping costs.
GET A LIFE BOY!!! has nothing to do with you and if you knew anything at all, you would know the parts were shipped right back PRIORITY WITH CONFIRMATION
buy the peg mounts and post the true condition, they would match your bike perfect!! if you even have a bike, oh yea you have a bike with make believe parts like cop suspension and cop shocks, parts that do not exist,instead of commenting and following my posts do a search for 2007 crank problems whah ha ha ha

Last edited by leohd; 06-10-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

GET A LIFE BOY!!! has nothing to do with you and if you knew anything at all, you would know the parts were shipped right back PRIORITY WITH CONFIRMATION
buy the peg mounts and post the true condition, they would match your bike perfect!! if you even have a bike, oh yea you have a bike with make believe parts like cop suspension and cop shocks, parts that do not exist,instead of commenting and following my posts do a search for 2007 crank problems whah ha ha ha
Leo, you failed to follow through on a deal. It doesn't matter that you sent the parts back. Be a stand up guy or not, that's your choice, but when you stiff a fellow forum member, you're gonna get called on it.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:12 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Leo, you failed to follow through on a deal. It doesn't matter that you sent the parts back. Be a stand up guy or not, that's your choice, but when you stiff a fellow forum member, you're gonna get called on it.
all I can say is GROW UP BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
no forum rules say you have to except parts that are messed up and NOT AS DESCRIBED!! I got stiffed out of $5 to ship them back cause this guy tried pulling a fast one and misrepresented the condition. now go play with your ***** cat in your avatar and worry about your own business. get a life and grow up a lil BOY

Last edited by leohd; 06-11-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - Long Angled