Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Virtually new - Ohlins shocks for Harley touring bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteGoldSG
Ill take em...thanks Dave
Sorry Dave, I already jumped on them. But, I'm not too thrilled about the height...if they don't work for me, I'll let you know.

Bryan

Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HMMMM...not sure what you are talking about...my name is mike...dave is the seller, and I spoke to him on the phone hours ago and I sent payment!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by WhiteGoldSG
HMMMM...not sure what you are talking about...my name is mike...dave is the seller, and I spoke to him on the phone hours ago and I sent payment!
First, sorry...didn't have the face to go with the name Mike. Second, really? you sent payment? So did I! I made an offer last night and he accepted this morning. That's odd.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

Well...he just called me and said now they are yours even though I got off the phone with him an hour and a half ago telling me they are mine...this turned out to be a **** show and a waste of my time...I also made an offer last nite that he accepted then spent 30 minutes on the phone with me.....good luck with them!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
onedae
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just so the record is straight guys -
brypink was the first buyer who wanted these shocks. WhiteGoldSG was the second. brypink emailed to finalize the deal this afternoon after he got home from work and after I talked to WhiteGoldSG. I talked with WhiteGoldSG this afternoon - NOT last night - and before the final acceptance by brypink. WhiteGoldSG, I'm sorry if you feel that you wasted your time - I spent just as much of my time as you did - at your request and answering YOUR questions.
Unfortunately, I've had too many instances of buyers saying yes and then disappearing so until I have a FINAL confirmation from the buyer that we have a deal, its not done.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

"Just to set the record straight"
onedae...If you say that brypink emailed to finalize the deal AFTER you talked to me, So he fianlized the deal AFTER the phone call conversation we had at 615 pm today which ended like this... "I will take them" and you saying "send me an email AGAIN and I will send you my paypal info" I think that pretty much sums up a deal...no?
And, I NEVER said I SPOKE to you last nite, I said I made an offer, which I did and you accepted via Personal message last nite. And of course you were answering MY questions..whos questions would you be answering? You were answering the questions that I had even though I sent you a PM at 430pm saying I will take them..My question was what didnt you like and do you have the original box! Either way, I still said I would take them!

Perhaps from now on when you want to sell something, instead of telling someone that the item is theirs, just send payment, you should say, "hey, just so you know, another guy is supposed to be sending payment, so if he does, they are his." You told me that they belong to me..you told me to send the payment when you sent me your paypal name...that to me sir represents DEAL DONE!!! BTW...maybe you should take them off ebay before you have a 3rd player in this game!

No hard feeling...It is a bullshit situation, but still no hard feelings...Wasnt too big on the fact that the bike would sit over an inch higher when on the sidestand anyway...everything happens for a reason I guess.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Got the shocks today and installed them. They were just as described, thanks Dave. But, I do think I need the heavier spring...I do like the height of the shocks which I did not think I would.

I doubt I'll be keeping these and I probably be giving Howard a call here soon. Ohlins #6? Or #3? Hmmm.......

Old 05-15-2010, 11:37 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shocks

Originally Posted by brypink
Got the shocks today and installed them. They were just as described, thanks Dave. But, I do think I need the heavier spring...I do like the height of the shocks which I did not think I would.

I doubt I'll be keeping these and I probably be giving Howard a call here soon. Ohlins #6? Or #3? Hmmm.......
I had a feeling that you would end up buying these...