Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Jardine Ultimate Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 02:28 PM
hrhawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jardine Ultimate Backrest

The backrest is SOLD! Used Jardine Ultimate Backrest Fits all 1996-2008 Touring models. This backrest will flip forward or back to serve either the driver or the passenger or quickly detach from the bike with the push of a button. The uprights are constructed of round steel tubing while the mounting plates are steel, all of which is coated in beautiful triple layer show chrome. A black pivoting pad is included as well as all necessary mounting hardware. This backrest sells for $400.00 new asking $200.00 plus shipping cost. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to purchase the backrest. PayPal accepted. SOLD
Thanks for looking,
Dan

Attached Thumbnails Jardine Ultimate Backrest-dsc00057.jpg   Jardine Ultimate Backrest-dsc00059.jpg  

Last edited by hrhawg; 04-09-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 04-05-2010, 06:28 AM
hrhawg
Cruiser

Bump to top

Old 04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
02GhostRiderVA
Advanced

Interested. How's the quality of the chrome and what shipping to 22554? Thanks.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:49 PM
hrhawg
Cruiser

Sorry I forgot to put that this is a used backrest. It has been on my bike for 2 years and has normal wear marks on the moving parts. The chrome is in good shape. Shipping to 22554 by Priority Mail would cost $25.00.
Thanks
Dan

Old 04-06-2010, 06:49 AM
02GhostRiderVA
Advanced
Default Jardine Ultimate Backrest

PM sent.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 PM
stetler
Banned

I'm getting ready to buy one of these. How did you like it? Was the pad too high for the pass.? was it comfortable for the driver? you can PM me if you'd rather not say on here. Thanks !! Also any links on a good cheap place to buy one of these?

Old 05-07-2011, 08:58 AM
02GhostRiderVA
Advanced

Locating sellers of the Ultimate backrest may be a challenge, depending on the model of motorcycle. If you are looking for the backrest for a touring model, the only place I have found that still sells them is Native Custom Baggers. http://www.nativecustombaggers.com/index.php/body-parts/backrests.html

I do not own one, but have installed and ridden with one. My brother-in-law purchased the Ultimate backrest from Native Custom (no affiliation with this vendor). I installed the backrest for my BIL – it was a bear to install, but once installed, it has been worry-free for approx. three years ago. The angle (which impacts on height) of backrest can be adjusted, though it is not something you’ll be doing on the fly without tools – best set-up during installation.

The Ultimate offers outstanding support and comfort to both the rider and passenger (more the Harley backrest), so much so that my wife has requested one for our bike on several occasions. I am really surprised to not see more of these backrests on bikes. It is rather pricey, but well made.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:59 PM
stetler
Banned

This is really good info THANKS ! I too could only find them at nativeCustom Baggers. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the billet luggage rack too so I could throw on a Tbag and not worry anopub my fender getting scratched up. Glad to hear it's a quality part. because it's so hard to find a dealer I was beginning to think that it was a poor quality backrest. Looks like just the price scares people away.
I'm not looking forward to spending that type of cash on it but it saves me from buying a new seat and a seperate backrest. Since I bought my bike used and it has a afermarket seat on it.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 PM
stetler
Banned

Just picked one up from native Custom Baggers. Also bought the billet luggage rack. This weekend I'll mount it up. The guy at NCB said they stopped making these. he only had 6 of them left and this was the last luggage rack he had. Said that they are a good quality product with never a customer complaint but the company that makes them just stopped making them. said they don't feel there's a big enough market to keep making them Since the 08 and new bikes changed the frame. Also since most of the newer bikes now come with a seat that allows a solo backrest to slide right on/into the middle of the seat.
Just glad I got one before there all gone.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:25 AM
kevmiami
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed on Native's last backrests on my Fatboy. Had to drill a couple of holes in the Backrest so I could bolt it directly to fender support. It's no longer "quick release," but plan on leaving on the bike anyway and my Quick detach H-D bags still work. Will most likely have to make a rear rack, as I can't find one anywhere. The billet aluminum is beautiful! The back is tall than most, but that is a good thing, as the lower back rests ride right in the small of the back for the passenger, which does not give them adequate support if you really hit the gas. Its also fairly wide which is nice for support. It is super slick the way it pivots down to support the driver. Support is excellent, but it pushes me a little too far forward - this is probably do the fact it was made for a different bike and may be mounted an inch or so too forward. Will have to noodle awhile, to figure out how to adjust. Cheers, Kevin.