Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Inner farring and cap

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:57 AM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Snowfly,
I'm unable to answer that question accuately however it seems to me when I had the fairing off my 06 Ultra the cables had quite abit of routing thru and around the fairing components...
If I were to go out on a limb I would say all you had to do is re-route them under the electronics and out the handlebar holes and you should be good to go...

Another thought
There's a brothers paint shop in Arlington Texas by the name of Clark's brothers paint and body...He did a inner fairing and my inner fairing for my 06 Ultra for like $80 and did a pretty good job on it...
Now with this said the last one he painted for me he said he wasn't going to do any more just to much work but who knows he might just work someone else in...FFT

I also used OSC Other Side Customs here in Dallas and had a hell of a time with them getting the right faring I had given to them...The fairing I had given them was to be painted Black Gloss and it was painted a Metallic Red...He finally found the correct fairing and also at that time he painted 3 other inner fairings and had them all botched up with the colors as well...After we found the FUBAR he assured me he was going to remove all the red paint and paint it Black for me...Looked good but later discovered he didn't remove the black and just painted over it...Although it didn't cost me anything after this feassco I swore I would not do buisness with them again and would get the word out...They do some great work but for me they will always be out of the picture...
Best of luck on getting a painter
One more thought
Get a hold of Darrell's Custom Bikes in Arlington and tell him I asked you to contact him and ask him who he uses...This painter does some really nice work from what I have seen...Cost? Probably high...However you have heard the old cleashay..."You Get What You Pay For" it applies here as well
There's also one more guy that comes to mind I'll give but you'll have to PM me for that info...He does it on the side and is a rider as well...
paul

;5437074]TexasBowhunter, Do you know if I will have to get longer cables to re route them as you have mentioned. I have an 05 ultra. I'm also looking for someone to paint this fairing. There is a guy on ebay doing it for 250.00. Has anyone used him or could someone recommend someone they have used and had a good experience. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Old 08-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Snowfly
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to personally thank TexasBowhunter, fatguyona1000 and Harleypingman for their added information and insight. I was just going to have my own inner painted but really liked the idea of having the newer model fairing with adjustable wind deflectors and no cable holes. I didn't realize they had even made these changes. I love this forum and have learned a lot since becoming a Harley owner. Thanks again. -Rick

Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 PM
crbadload
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody buy it from you yet?