Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Vance hines monster ovals mufflers 95-09

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:43 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,621 Likes on 5,101 Posts

I'm siding with gmsumsion, I did my research before I bought my V/H Ovals...with the wider tire and fender almost all pipes made for 08's and earlier do not fit 09's. The seller listed a product that does not fit according to the listing. He is at fault and should take care of the customer...Now we all know not to business wth leohd

Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm siding with gmsumsion.
gmsumsion, Thanks for the heads up!!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Cacruzen
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am draw to this like a moth to a light, so here is my 2cents worth....
I think that what has gotten lost here with the dented shield is that the MO's were never going to fit his bike with the heat shields that are currently on it, dented or not. They were listed has a muffler that would fit an 09. Clearly they won't. If they hadn't been dented, then this conversation would be about both gmsumion and Leohd not wanting to pay for the 09 upgraded heat shields. Gmsumion would want to sent them back , Leohd might except them back if Gmsumion paid freight . The long and short of this deal is that it would have cost everyone involved financially in the end. The dent only complicated and clouded the real issue, these won't fit an 09 in their present condition.....
There is little doubt that both parties feel wronged and to some degree they both are. Leohd has been assassinated in this thread for selling and shipping a product that someone else damaged. Gmsumion has bought an item that was delivered damaged. Miscommunication, assumptions and now , emotions , by both parties have played a factor in the stalemate. At this point the only way there will any winners is if a financial compromise is reached.
It seems logical to me that both parties stop the barbs and accusations ,split the cost of the 09 heat shields, shake cyberspace hands and put this messy transaction behind you. Both will be winners for taking the high road to a resolution.
Just my opinion and we all know what they same about opinions.....
Good Luck to both of you in resolving this issue !!!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cacruzen
It seems logical to me that both parties stop the barbs and accusations ,split the cost of the 09 heat shields, shake cyberspace hands and put this messy transaction behind you. Both will be winners for taking the high road to a resolution.
I'm willing to go there if you are leo.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm gonna jump in here. I've gotten in the middle of this one and am trying to work something out. I've read too many of these threads and posts.

The reason we require 30 days and 26 posts prior to being able to use the classified section is to keep out the Trolls and Spammers which include the freaking tennis shoe salesmen from China and idiots that just want to come here to use the free classified section.

I'm gonna lock this one now and try to get some resolution.