Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

F.S. ProPad Cyclepedic Touring Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 AM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F.S. ProPad Cyclepedic Touring Seat

SOLD!!!

If anyone is interested, I have a ProPad Cyclepedic one piece, two up leather seat. The part number is 0802-0269 and retails for $599. Will sacrifice for $275 (more than half off) shipped to your door via UPS in the lower 48.

Description:
PROPAD LEATHER CYCLEPEDIC
SEATS ARE WIDER THAN STOCK WITH A DEEP BUCKET FOR MORE SUPPORT. PLACES RIDER BACK FROM STOCK. PROPRIETARY SEAT MOLD FOAM COMBINED WITH PRO PAD POLYMER, SOFT POLYMER FOAM AND A THIN LAYER OF HIGH DENSITY FOAM. FULL LUXURIOUS LEATHER COVER WITH BLACK STITCHING AND HEAVY DUTY FIBERGLASS. HAS CUT OUT FOR DRIVERS (RIDERS) BACKREST.

Most comfortable seat you will find. Very soft leather that allows air to flow and keeps you cooler. Allows the blood to flow. The riders seat is 18" wide and the passenger seat is 14" wide. I had this seat on my Road King for a few weeks. It is like new! No scratches, tears, or holes in the leather. A few scratches on the under side of the seat (side that faces down on the frame and fender) where the rider backrest was. Will not work with the longer RK consoles. Will work with '97-'07
Road Glides, Electra Glide Standards, Electra Glide Ultra Classics, and Electra Glide Classics. (Short tank consoles)

I hate to see this go. I was very spoiled on this seat, but it does not fit my '05 Road King. I considered trading it in for an Electra Glide and putting my Cyclepedic on the EG. That's how great this seat is.

Attached Thumbnails F.S.  ProPad Cyclepedic Touring Seat-dscn0608.jpg   F.S.  ProPad Cyclepedic Touring Seat-dscn0609.jpg   F.S.  ProPad Cyclepedic Touring Seat-dscn0610.jpg   F.S.  ProPad Cyclepedic Touring Seat-dscn0611.jpg   F.S.  ProPad Cyclepedic Touring Seat-dscn0612.jpg  

Last edited by MrHog; 08-08-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Tou say you had it on your Road King for a couple of weeks... Then you say it doesn't fit the Road King.. I'm trying to understand how both statement can be true???

Old 07-30-2009, 07:20 AM
MrHog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gamma742
Tou say you had it on your Road King for a couple of weeks... Then you say it doesn't fit the Road King.. I'm trying to understand how both statement can be true???
You can put it on a Road King, and it works, but doesn't look right with the long console. This seat has a long nose unlike the Road King seats. The nose on this seat sits on top of the lower console, and looks out of place. It's not a clean, smooth look. Plus, the front tab is a pain to hook in since the nose is pressing down on a thick console. Would look great on a bike that this model is made for, a model with a SHORT console.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior

I tried to find more info about it at the pro pad web site but couldn't find it.. do you have a link so I can read more about it?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
MrHog
Road Captain

I tried to find more info about it at the pro pad web site but couldn't find it.. do you have a link so I can read more about it?
There doesn't seem to be much on this seat on the internet. When you google Cyclepedic, a few sights will come up with a few models for sale. I am not sure if they are made anymore, but they should be. I wish someone who has one could chime in and vouch for me how comfortable they are. I think they have a model that fits Road Kings. If I find one, and the Mustang 2up seat I bought the other day doesn't work, I am going to buy another Cyclepedic. This time I will make sure it works with the RK. I have gone through a handful of seats, and this Cyclepedic is the most comfortable one and works for me who is kind of tall @ 6'2".

Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior

Tell me about the seating position as it compares to the stock seat.. Does it raise you up? you say you're tall.. Does it also move you back any? or is the position the same as stock?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:37 AM
MrHog
Road Captain

Tell me about the seating position as it compares to the stock seat.. Does it raise you up? you say you're tall.. Does it also move you back any? or is the position the same as stock?
It does move you back a little. Not as deep as the Sundowner, but close to stock, maybe a notch higher.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

pm sent

Old 07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
cst010
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent

Old 08-01-2009, 08:44 AM
MrHog