Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Mechanical Lowering kit- Adjustable

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Danowert
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical Lowering kit- Adjustable

I bought this kit and installed it along with 1" lowered shocks, but when riding 2 up fully loaded on my EGC it tended to bottom out. They have about 100 miles and are in perfect shape

Here's the ad off of EBay where I bought the kit....

Road 6 Customs - MADE IN THE USA - Why Pay More For Spray Painted Parts???

THIS IS THE ONLY POWDER COATED KIT AVAILABLE!!!

You are looking at an adjustable lowering kit for 2002-2009 Harley Davidson touring motorcycles.

Most Adjustable kit on the market! This kit will install in 10 to 15 minutes, and once it has been installed you can adjust from stock ride height to ONE, TWO OR THREE INCHES lowered in less than 10 minutes.

With this kit you will get the low look, plus be able to plant your feet flat on the ground. It also makes backing up alot easier because your legs wont rub on the seat as much.

If you have the detachable sissy bar, no worries, this kit will still work.

Fits the following models:

Road Glide, Electra Glide, Ultra Glide, Road King (with hard PAINTED BAGS ONLY). This will work on models with Leather Covered Bags, ask us about the modifications this requires.

Street Glide - If you are installing this on a Street Glide, please be advised that your bike is already lower than the rest of the Touring family, and running this kit in the low setting is not advised if you are hauling a passenger or alot of luggage, please put it back to the 1" setting to prevent bottoming out.

You do not have to make any permanent changes to your bike to install this kit, it is a bolt on setup, and can be removed from your bike and installed on the next one.

It is CNC laser cut and TIG welded in a fixture ON BOTH SIDES (NO OTHER KIT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IS WELDED ON BOTH SIDES) to insure the strongest possible weld, precision alighnment, and a perfect fit. Made right here the the great USA! The greatest thing about your Harley Davidson is its American heritage, shouldn't the parts you put on it be made in America too?

We make HUNDREDS of these kits at a time, and thats why we can beat the competitons price. This is the BEST deal you will find on an ADJUSTABLE lowering kit! This also means that since we have so many in stock, yours will be shipped out THE SAME DAY! We also try to give you the lowest shipping prices! Compare the shipping prices! If you save a few dollars on the shipping, its the same as getting the part for less! Shipping outside the United States will be higher, ask for shipping quotes.

Included you will find all of the required hardware to install this kit, longer Grade 8 bolts, self locking nuts, a tube of LOCTITE, spacer bushings and detailed instructions. (The bolts may not be blue in color like in the picture, as we have recently switched suppliers.) The spacers in our kits are HARDEND STEEL MACHINED SPACERS SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR THIS APPLICATION! NOT CUT OFF HUNKS OF PIPE like other kits out there are using.

Buy it now price was $44.95 + $5 shipping

I'll let it go for $25 shipped to CONUS

Attached Thumbnails Mechanical Lowering kit- Adjustable-6158_1.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 07:43 AM
mtnroadking
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lowering kit

do you still have this up for sale if let me get it from you.if it will fit my roadking 05 standard.I will still need to get a fornt kit to do the job complete right?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:16 AM
NODYNA
Road Warrior
Received 873 Likes on 516 Posts

PM sent

Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Danowert
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mtnroadking
do you still have this up for sale if let me get it from you.if it will fit my roadking 05 standard.I will still need to get a fornt kit to do the job complete right?
mtnroadking is first in line

The manufacturer states that the kit will fit 2002-09 HD's including the Road King with hard painted bags. If you have hardbags then your OK. As far as dropping front its up to you. I general only drop the rears on baggers, unless they don't ride 2 up very often. Then you can drop the front also.

Let me know your intentions by PM ASAP since I have a 2nd person in line if you decide not to go this route.

Paypal account - danowert@verizon.net

Old 04-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Danowert
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mtnroadking
PM's sent to mtnroadking. mtnroadking, I need an answer today otherwise I'm moving to the next buyer........

nodyna..... your next in line

Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 AM
mtnroadking
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default payment

Yes i'll take thnks,

Old 04-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Danowert
Road Captain

still awaiting payment.