Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Sundowner Tallboy fits up to an 08

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Smurfshxt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundowner Tallboy fits up to an 08

its perfect condition. I dont know exactly how many miles but it is way less than a 1,000. its off my 08 RG. If your 6ft or taller youl love it. it sits you 1" lower and 1" back. I really need this gone. new they are $300. Shipping will be @25 in the us. I want $199 plus shipping but will entertain offers and trades.
Pm me or reply

Smurf

Old 02-18-2009, 05:54 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you have the part#? Heard of the "sundowner" and "tallboy" never heard of the " sundowner tallboy"

Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rick
do you have the part#? Heard of the "sundowner" and "tallboy" never heard of the " sundowner tallboy"

If the RG changed in 08 as the EGs did, this won't fit anything from earlier years.

Look at the mounting, if the seat has a slot, it will only fit the 08 and possibly the 09. if it has a tang, it will only fit earlier years.

And that IS a good price that seat...Wish money weren't so tight...

Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Smurfshxt
Cruiser

Rick,
Ill look for a pt#. It IS a TALLBOY Im going off memory from last fall when I got it but it is the same as a sundowner, foam, stitching, and comfort, but fits better if your taller or have long legs. I have a Sundowner on my glide now and it feels just like the TALLBOY, to me its the same seat but I cant reach the brake and shifter without a stretch when the tallboy was on.

Trailfinder
This seat has the "Tang" and will fit earlier RG's and SG's. I sold my stock seat to a forum member here with an 07 SG. No issues.

I cant speak for the EG's but I KNOW it will fit 08 and EARLIER RG's and SG's.

Thanks for replies.

Smurf

Old 02-18-2009, 01:17 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify and maybe save you some headache later. The Tallboy does not lower the rider an inch...it raises you over an inch. Also the seats change between 07 and 08 a bunch. Not only in the fit (slot vs. tang) but also in appearance. From what you are saying about your seat, the description below is probably a match for your seat and is from Harley's site. They have a different seat and part number for 08' and later. Good price on the seat if it is what someone is looking for. I have a tallboy (the 08' and later seat) on my 08' streetglide and really like it.

Take Care

Tallboy® Seat for '97-'07 Models

Stretch your legs in style. The Tallboy® one-piece seat moves the rider back 1/2" and up 1-1/4" compared to the Original Equipment seat. The new position allows additional leg and arm movement for the long-limbed rider, and a comfortable seating space for the open road. The bucket design of the Tallboy® seat provides additional rider back support, and the wide raised pillion places the passenger for maximum comfort and commanding view. Accepts rider backrest. Seat width 17.5"; passenger pillion width 15.0".

52976-05

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '97-'07 Road King® models and FLHX models. Also fits '97-'07 Electra Glide® and Road Glide® models equipped Fuel Tank Console P/N 71288-03A or Trim Piece P/N 52447-96.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
JPstreetglide
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 2007 seat is a lot different than a 2008 seat and they are not interchangable. 2008 seats only fit 2008 and later.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Smurfshxt
Cruiser

Thanks for all the help guys, im sure with all this wrong info Ive posted and you all pointing it out, my seat will sell easily.

For anyone who is ACTUALLY INTERESTED in the seat and wants to post or contact me, here is some more corrected information because im a dumbass.

It is part # 52099-09 ( I think )
OBVIOUSLY I dont know WHAT it fits, but ill throw in a roll of ductape and some sheetmetal screws and we can make her fit whatever it is you want to put it on.

At least we all can agree it is a good price.

Anymore info on the seat, contact anyone who posted above.

if you want to actually buy it, contact me.

Smurf

Old 02-18-2009, 03:45 PM
JPstreetglide
Banned

According to the book part# 52099-09 fits 2008 and later touring models, so therefore your post of fitting up to a 2008 is not true. This would fit 2008 and 2009 models only. I don't think any one including me was trying to discourage a sale as much as we were trying to save you some aggrevation in selling something to someone that doesn't fit after you indicated it would. Good luck with the sale. It is a good price if that is the seat you are selling but it seems your still not sure.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:54 PM
JPstreetglide
Banned

If the bottom of the seat near the front looks like this picture it is for a 2008 and later. If it has a metal tongue than its for a 2007 and earlier

Attached Thumbnails Sundowner Tallboy fits up to an 08-p1010063.jpg  
Old 02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Smurfshxt
Cruiser

yep yep...thats exactly what it looks like...hey, where did you get that picture..??..how did you get a picture of MY seat from MY garage?????

OH WAIT YOU OWE ME$199.

THANKS JP, leave the cash tomorrow where you found the seat.

Smurf

Quick Reply: Sundowner Tallboy fits up to an 08