Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Thundermax ECU 17-20 Touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 08:22 PM
IBlameTheDog
Novice
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Thundermax ECU 17-20 Touring

Have been using this for about a year and had great results and power increase. I am selling my bike and putting it back to stock so selling all upgrades. Looking to get $600. Thundermax says that the procedure for pairing with new bike is simply changing the vin when doing the setup. Includes wide band oxygen sensors. These are just shy of $1100 on their site.
ThunderMax is an industry award winning, performance ECM designed specifically for EFI equipped Harley Davidson® motorcycles. This highly advanced, stand-alone tuning system utilizes proprietary AutoTune technology with wide-band oxygen sensors to deliver unmatched performance and rideability. ThunderMax comes 100% assembled, ready to install with no wire-cutting or splicing required. Simply replace the factory ECM and oxygen sensors, load a map, and enjoy your new ride!

From Thundermax website.Every degree and a half of throttle; every 256 RPM, there is a fueling point that is automatically adjusted. That means more control and a smoother running engine. With the built in barometric sensor you never have to think about ambient air changes. WideBand O2 sensors constantly read the Air Fuel Ratio and give live, real time feedback to the ECM. That means, no “accepting” the changes made to the map, once you key off the changes are written. The ThunderMax ECM is fully adjustable with our ThunderMax tuning software or can be used just by loading a basemap. The choice is yours.

Old 12-10-2023, 07:25 AM
dfixit1
Tourer
Received 192 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by IBlameTheDog
Have been using this for about a year and had great results and power increase. I am selling my bike and putting it back to stock so selling all upgrades. Looking to get $600. Thundermax says that the procedure for pairing with new bike is simply changing the vin when doing the setup. Includes wide band oxygen sensors. These are just shy of $1100 on their site.
ThunderMax is an industry award winning, performance ECM designed specifically for EFI equipped Harley Davidson® motorcycles. This highly advanced, stand-alone tuning system utilizes proprietary AutoTune technology with wide-band oxygen sensors to deliver unmatched performance and rideability. ThunderMax comes 100% assembled, ready to install with no wire-cutting or splicing required. Simply replace the factory ECM and oxygen sensors, load a map, and enjoy your new ride!

From Thundermax website.Every degree and a half of throttle; every 256 RPM, there is a fueling point that is automatically adjusted. That means more control and a smoother running engine. With the built in barometric sensor you never have to think about ambient air changes. WideBand O2 sensors constantly read the Air Fuel Ratio and give live, real time feedback to the ECM. That means, no “accepting” the changes made to the map, once you key off the changes are written. The ThunderMax ECM is fully adjustable with our ThunderMax tuning software or can be used just by loading a basemap. The choice is yours.
I'd say thats a good description of the ThunderMax I got one through Fuel Moto in 22, they were on sale 899 back then. Thy installed a Map and was not bad except for the decel pop. I contacted Zippers due to having their Red Shift cams and they downloaded a different Map, maybe just a wee bit better but there was still that decel pop. After talking to the best Indie shop owner in this area he said Zippres sold a trick fix. Just install in the pipe and off you go. It is basicly an automobile freeze plug size to fit in the pipe and a center hole drilled out. I have the stock pipes off an 08 so they have the 02 ports already in place but most of the exhaust still flows out the rt. side. By gentlying restricting the lt. side that prevents that cold air from rushing up that hot pipe and igniting on throttle let off. The fix was under 5 dollars but 32 shipping. OUCH. I found a couple freeze plugs, slight modificatuon to fit the pipe and for a couple bucks it has worked great. After a bit of auto tune the throttle got a bit jerky. I downloaded to ThunderMax they made a few adjustments to the timing and all has been very well since. The more you ride it the better it gets.
600 foa a gently used T max is a very fair deal and if the new owners bike is a close set up then the Auto tune can make adjustments, or someone real good with the programing can do it manualy or add in their tune. That unit is flexable like that. Good luck with parts clearance sale
I listed a Badlander for 97-07 here but never had a nibble. I reckon some parts just sell better than others

Old 12-10-2023, 09:33 PM
IBlameTheDog
Novice

Thanks for your feedback, I felt it was a decent deal too for someone, I am not trying to recoup all the money spent on the bike but only some of it.

When you set it up for the first time you have option of choosing one of many base maps, you just choose the one that is the closest to your set up and then tide the bike, it will then calibrate to your bike and just keep getting more precise the more you ride, pretty cool how this works.

Initial setup is really easy too and Thundermax support is really good too if you happen to run into problems.

The following users liked this post:
dfixit1 (12-11-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 07:39 PM
RKCFED
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, where in AZ are you located?

Old 12-13-2023, 07:47 PM
IBlameTheDog
Novice

Central Mesa

Old 12-13-2023, 08:07 PM
RKCFED
Cruiser

Thank you, might have a buddy interested in Phoenix. I’ll let you know if he is….

Old 12-13-2023, 08:21 PM
IBlameTheDog
Novice

Ok, sounds good, thanks.

Old 12-26-2023, 11:10 PM
RKCFED
Cruiser

PM Sent….