Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Russell Day Long for Harley Touring

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 12:40 PM
Pappy35
Tourer
Received 345 Likes on 187 Posts
Default Russell Day Long for Harley Touring

For sale is an almost new Russell Day Long solo seat I had built for my 2022 Harley Davidson Road King. The seat was designed for a 220 lb rider with a 29" inseam. Unfortunately, it's just a bit tall for me to use comfortably and RDL says they can't reduce it enough to make a big enough difference. . Since my heels are about 2" off the ground, I'd say if your inseam is 30 to 31 inches or higher, you'd fit it perfectly. It cover is dark grey vinyl with a Slate Gray Sunbrella insert.

Most all of you are very familiar with RDL and their comfort and build quality so I'm not going to go into that beyond saying that it's very comfortable, and were it not for my ground reach issues, I would not be selling it.

The seat has about 600 miles on it and is in like-new condition. Asking $700 plus actual shipping cost. They're lead-times are usually months long so this could your chance to buy one with no waiting so you can get riding before the weather closes it down.

Seat pan part number is shown. Buyer responsible for fit to their machine, though I think it'll fit on tourers back the the early 2000's. Sales only to the lower-48 states. PayPal only (not F&F). Interested buyers close to the Memphis, TN area area are, of course, welcome and will save shipping. I have a low post count here but I am very active on several of the BMW, Goldwing, and Harley forums.

Old 09-24-2023, 09:31 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,920 Likes on 22,542 Posts

Nice seat by the looks of it.
First thing I'd have to know is do you have any pics of it w/you and your Mrs. on it?
It looks as though your Mrs. would be sitting way above you?
My wife hates that as she would be catching more air than she wants and looking kinda too high.

Old 09-24-2023, 09:47 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 732 Posts

Interesting... I've got a 30" inseam and I fit the RDL on my '18 Heritage easily. The RDL does sit you higher (eliminates the reward slope of the stock seat for a more level seating surface). I can flat foot on the RDL with plenty to spare. Granted, when I put my feet down, my hips sort of rotate forward to facilitate my reach. When I put my feet back up, hips naturally rotate back into the seat. Wonder how the Road King sits differently than the Heritage? I've sat on RKs before, but nothing sticks out in my memory. If I ever consider getting a RK in the future, I'll have to remember this. A RDL would definitely be something I'd look into for a RK.

Too bad that RDL didn't work out. Highly likely that would have been one hell of a comfortable seat.

Old 09-24-2023, 01:16 PM
Pappy35
Tourer

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Nice seat by the looks of it.
First thing I'd have to know is do you have any pics of it w/you and your Mrs. on it?
It looks as though your Mrs. would be sitting way above you?
My wife hates that as she would be catching more air than she wants and looking kinda too high.
Apologies for the late response. My wife doesn’t ride other than the occasional local joyride and she never complained about wind or buffeting.

Now that you mention it, it does look pretty lofty, but that’s how it came out of the box.

Last edited by Pappy35; 09-24-2023 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2023, 01:20 PM
Pappy35
Tourer

Originally Posted by T^2
Interesting... I've got a 30" inseam and I fit the RDL on my '18 Heritage easily. The RDL does sit you higher (eliminates the reward slope of the stock seat for a more level seating surface). I can flat foot on the RDL with plenty to spare. Granted, when I put my feet down, my hips sort of rotate forward to facilitate my reach. When I put my feet back up, hips naturally rotate back into the seat. Wonder how the Road King sits differently than the Heritage? I've sat on RKs before, but nothing sticks out in my memory. If I ever consider getting a RK in the future, I'll have to remember this. A RDL would definitely be something I'd look into for a RK.

Too bad that RDL didn't work out. Highly likely that would have been one hell of a comfortable seat.
I think the RK may sit just a little taller than the Heritage with the stock seat. There’s that, and the RK’s stock seat is very low to start with.

The following users liked this post:
Stiggy (09-24-2023)