Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

4 Sale - Saddlemen Heated Road Sofa w/ Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 05:03 PM
HM_SanDiego
Road Captain

Received 242 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Zuck0225
cycle7447 - If you have the option for a backrest on you saddlemen, It must be a saddlemen backrest. I have not seen any other options where another backrest will work on a saddlemen. When I added the mustang seat, I did not get the backrest, but I will be adding on shortly
For What its Worth - Harley oem Touring 2-UP Seats are generally slotted just aft or to the rear of the Rider Seat Lumbar area, to allow adding (at additional cost $$) either a Harley brand or after-market Rider Backrest…..

Saddlemen & Mustang are the same, in that, BOTH offer 2-UP 1-piece Harley Touring Seats with a Rider Backrest Built in, and in that configuration, the Rider Backrest actually mounts into the Seat-pan, and If a seat from Either Saddlemen or Mustang is configured to use a Rider Backrest, it has to be a Saddlemen or Mustang Rider Backrest (unless someone can confirm or deny whether the Rider Backups are OR might be interchangeable - I would bet = Not).

Saddlemen ALSO offers 2-UP 1-piece Harley Touring Seats (Road Sofa) WITHOUT a Rider Backrest, and while a Rider Backrest COULD be added to that seat later (by sending the seat to Saddlemen, then they cut the cover off, then they modify the seat, then recover the seat) that option is actually Quite Cost Prohibitive - I know this for a fact because the first Road Sofa Seat I purchased was NOT configured with a Rider Backrest…..I called and talked thoroughly through the options with Saddlemen, and it simply was cheaper for me to sell the first seat and Buy a replacement Road Sofa with the Rider Backrest option configured.

For what its worth - Mustang (and I think LaPera and others) also offers 2-piece seat configurations, offering a Solo and 2-up configuration option, WITH a Rider Backrest built into the Solo seat portion - again, requiring That Brand of Rider Backrest.

So in the end, regardless of which brand seat anyone buys for their bike, My Advice = (btw - my advice + $10.00 “should” get you a cup of coffee in most areas of this great Country) would be to spend the added money up front, and buy the chosen seat “with” the Rider Backrest option (unless you are absolutely Positively Certain that you wont ever want one) - it is far cheaper than adding one later (IF one can me added) and it almost certainly is cheaper than buying a seat without a backrest and selling it, to buy Yet another seat with a rider backrest (but hey - how many of us have danced that dance….)

Be Safe - Ride as much as you can

The following 2 users liked this post by HM_SanDiego:
Big L (10-22-2023), Zuck0225 (09-30-2023)
Old 01-08-2024, 04:01 PM
Andy72653
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great deal.

You are basically getting the heated option for free.

Not sure why someone would comment about where to buy elsewhere for a different price and not look at the details.

Old 01-08-2024, 09:59 PM
RebelScout671
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Soooo is it still up for sale