Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Ultimate Seats 1-Piece Midrider Touring w/Driver Backrest 09+ Touring

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 06:54 PM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Ultimate Seats 1-Piece Midrider Touring w/Driver Backrest 09+ Touring

I bought this from another member here about 3 months ago (his original post here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...9-touring.html). Link to this seat and backrest on Ultimate's website (new costs $780, plus tax and shipping): https://ultimateseats.ca/flh-1-piece...river-backrest

As he says, it's an excellent seat, comfortable and high quality, and the backrest is the best I've tried for position and adjustability. The position is pretty close to stock, which is a mixed bag for me and why I'm selling it on. I've put a few hundred miles on it. Bunker mentioned a scuff that doesn't show in pictures, but I don't think I've even found that. He also mentioned that it's listed as an '09 to '13 seat, but he used it on '22 Road King, and I've had it on a '22 Electra Glide Standard and it fits and looks fine.

Bunker brought it down to $400 with shipping; I'll drop it to $375 shipped CONUS. I can take PayPal or Venmo. Fresh pics:

Last edited by Belloc42; 06-14-2023 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2023, 12:44 PM
Belloc42
Tourer

Sorry, I said PayPal or Venmo - meant PayPal or Zelle, not Venmo.

Old 06-18-2023, 09:19 AM
Spanish Cobra
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What is the difference with stock seat position ? Is this seat taller/lower, closer/farther from tank and by how much ? Thanks..

Old 06-18-2023, 09:25 AM
Belloc42
Tourer

Originally Posted by Spanish Cobra
What is the difference with stock seat position ? Is this seat taller/lower, closer/farther from tank and by how much ? Thanks..
depends on what you’re coming from. For me, it seemed roughly the same front to back, but a little bit higher, maybe an inch, not sure.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:36 AM
Belloc42
Tourer

Bump

Old 06-23-2023, 01:12 AM
Belloc42
Tourer

Bump

Old 06-23-2023, 07:25 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Blows my mind why no one buys these seats, best off the shelf seat I've found so far. I'd have kept this one but needed just a tad more room (I'm 6' and around a 33" inseam and a bigger guy).

The Ultimate FLH® Midrider measures to sit you 1" closer to the handlebars than the stock seat. The seat also measures to sit a bit higher than the stock seat. If you're inseam is 31 inches or longer, the Midrider seat is for you. The driver section of the seat is 17 inches wide. The passenger section is 14 inches wide with comfort to spare. This seat fits with all passenger backrest sissy bars.
If you're skinny, this one is for you. If you're a portly fella you'll want the Tallboy so you sit back an inch.

I just did 3K trip on my extended solo, Ultimate seats are so underrated and this one is a steal considering how much shipping is atm.

Old 06-23-2023, 08:24 AM
2K10FBLO
Road Master
Received 560 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunker
Blows my mind why no one buys these seats, best off the shelf seat I've found so far. I'd have kept this one but needed just a tad more room (I'm 6' and around a 33" inseam and a bigger guy).

If you're skinny, this one is for you. If you're a portly fella you'll want the Tallboy so you sit back an inch.

I just did 3K trip on my extended solo, Ultimate seats are so underrated and this one is a steal considering how much shipping is atm.
yeah people seem to love them. i wanna try one out but moving fwd is a big concern. even if "only" an inch. i have short legs and average arms but still feel like ext reach might be best for me. if i run my solo seat with the backrest removed i find myself often sitting practically ON the lumbar support section. what little the seat does have at least.

Old 06-23-2023, 08:47 AM
NCRG12
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in '02 I had the 2 piece Midrider on my VTX back when they took your factory seat pan and made their seats, to this day most comfortable seat I've rode! I could ride that bike for 8 hrs and get off dancing!!!

Old 06-23-2023, 11:23 AM
Belloc42
Tourer

Hey, Bunker, good to hear from you. Thanks for the quote describing the seat position - very helpful. Yeah, these are top tier, so it’s surprising there’s not more interest.

And yeah, finding the perfect seat is an awfully hard thing to do. Not just front to back and up-and-down, but the shape, the areas that provide support, the material, the texture, the amount of cushioning, the angle, what you’re coming from and what you’re used to, your body shape - it all makes such a huge difference. This is such a nice piece - I wish it worked better for me. Buying used and selling them on is a hassle, but it’s the only way to go if you’re still searching.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Seats 1-Piece Midrider Touring w/Driver Backrest 09+ Touring