Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: BITUBO shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 08:43 AM
mthopton
Cruiser

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
Default FS: BITUBO shocks

Selling a brand new set of uninstalled BITUBO shocks. These are black and new in box. 13” in length and will bolt right up to your Harley touring bike. They are preload adjustable with adjustable rebound. Fantastic shocks with an Italian racing provenance.

https://www.bitubo.com/Bitubo/cms/EN.../129-wmeo.html

$500 shipped to your door.

Old 12-07-2020, 02:36 PM
mthopton
Cruiser

Couple more pics:

Old 12-08-2020, 07:48 AM
mthopton
Cruiser

Price drop!! $425 shipped

Old 12-08-2020, 12:53 PM
RoadglideRocco
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A bit confused from the label on the box. Do these only fit touring bikes up until 08? Im not seeing anything newer than that listed. Did you buy for your RG and they do not fit?

The following users liked this post:
mthopton (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 01:21 PM
ShrinerRider
Road Captain
Veteran: Army
Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

What is the measurement from eye to eye?

mthopton (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 01:29 PM
mthopton
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RoadglideRocco
A bit confused from the label on the box. Do these only fit touring bikes up until 08? Im not seeing anything newer than that listed. Did you buy for your RG and they do not fit?
I agree that the label is a bit misleading, or rather, outdated. I can’t speak for everything that they will fit but they absolutely fit my 2020 RG Limited, and likely most other HD’s with a twin shock configuration that needs a 13” shock. They’re somewhat universal in that sense. My riding buddy has the same shocks that he purchased for his 2020 Ultra Limited and he loves them. I jumped on the bandwagon, bought these and decided after a good weekend of riding that I’m going to spend the money on the front first. I’m only 155lbs, so I’m not overwhelming the rear, but I am pushing the front. After getting the fronts figured out, I’ll be back to the rears again sometime next year.

The BITUBO site isn’t the easiest to navigate either. The original link above is for this shock and provides further details. These have not been installed and are new in the box.

Mike

Old 12-08-2020, 01:35 PM
mthopton
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ShrinerRider
What is the measurement from eye to eye?
The eye to eye is 13”, which is what I was trying to show in the pics above. You’ll see on the sticker “330mm”, which is 13”.

Mike

Old 12-08-2020, 03:15 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 482 Likes on 231 Posts

nice shocks for a good deal. GLWS

mthopton (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 04:03 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadglideRocco
I tried to explain this in another post. Bitubo doesn't understand all the Harley models and their corresponding numbers. If you ask them they will tell you that they don't fit in most cases. The fact is that they do fit and work well on all touring models. Harley changed the air shocks in 09 with the frame and swing arm updates with an updated air system and the pressures are different for increased load handling. Then they gradually switched over to coil overs in 17. While it is not recommended to use newer shocks designed for the 09's and up on the earlier models you can use any touring shock on the newer models. I am running those exact shocks on my 2010 and they fit my 2020. They are really decent shocks. I like them a lot. I am running Pro Actions on my 2020. I have tried Ohlins and they tend to run on the stiffer performance side of the spectrum.

mthopton (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 05:05 PM
mthopton
Cruiser

Originally Posted by todd-67
I tried to explain this in another post. Bitubo doesn't understand all the Harley models and their corresponding numbers. If you ask them they will tell you that they don't fit in most cases. The fact is that they do fit and work well on all touring models. Harley changed the air shocks in 09 with the frame and swing arm updates with an updated air system and the pressures are different for increased load handling. Then they gradually switched over to coil overs in 17. While it is not recommended to use newer shocks designed for the 09's and up on the earlier models you can use any touring shock on the newer models. I am running those exact shocks on my 2010 and they fit my 2020. They are really decent shocks. I like them a lot. I am running Pro Actions on my 2020. I have tried Ohlins and they tend to run on the stiffer performance side of the spectrum.
Great info - thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: FS: BITUBO shocks