Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Black M8 CVO exhaust in Columbia SC - NOT MINE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 05:04 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Black M8 CVO exhaust in Columbia SC - NOT MINE

I got brand *new* set of cans that came off '18 ULTRA CVO Touring Bike never hit the road, Black! a complete set of SE High-Flow Exhaust system and the 4.5" Street Cannons Mufflers Plus SE Endcaps.

These will fit Harley Davidson (newer) Milwaukee 8 Touring models. Serious inquiries, please e
mail.

https://columbia.craigslist.org/mpo/...860353811.html

I PM'ed him, they DO HAVE THE CATS in there, so that is NOT a Screaming Eagle head pipe, just a regular head pipe (the CVO's don't have diff head pipes)
(i did not discuss the difference with him, no need to agitate him)

so basically, it's the black heat shields & the black CVO slip ons.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:17 AM
IsyRider
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, I am the owner of this pipes and before you decide to use my ad and spread lies on this form you'd better check your facts!! Let me very clear with you as I told you This set came off 2018 FLHTKSE CVO, and the set was replaced at time of purchase. Are you stupid enough to believe that Harley Mfg would remove the Cats off the CVO models. I stay correct with my posting as It came off this bike and based on the CVO components these pipes are SE High-Flow Exhaust system as it's been confirmed by dealership.
you're a filthy snake you know that!!

Old 04-20-2019, 09:05 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,828 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by IsyRider
Hey, I am the owner of this pipes and before you decide to use my ad and spread lies on this form you'd better check your facts!! Let me very clear with you as I told you This set came off 2018 FLHTKSE CVO, and the set was replaced at time of purchase. Are you stupid enough to believe that Harley Mfg would remove the Cats off the CVO models. I stay correct with my posting as It came off this bike and based on the CVO components these pipes are SE High-Flow Exhaust system as it's been confirmed by dealership.
you're a filthy snake you know that!!
You don't know your parts. Before you start name calling check your facts.

You have the standard OEM header (not the SE High flow header) and the standard CVO slipons, which are NOT SE Street Cannon slipons.

You have these with black heat shields: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVI...gAAOSwG89cspxA

This is what you're advertising (but don't actually have), notice in this system the CATs are in the mufflers, not the header: https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...18-64800062--1

Good luck with the sale though... CVO slipons usually go for 150-200 around here. The black head shields should bring you a little more.

Last edited by lp; 04-20-2019 at 11:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
04ctd (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 03:22 PM
IsyRider
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
You don't know your parts. Before you start name calling check your facts.

You have the standard OEM header (not the SE High flow header) and the standard CVO slipons, which are NOT SE Street Cannon slipons.

You have these with black heat shields: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVI...gAAOSwG89cspxA

This is what you're advertising (but don't actually have), notice in this system the CATs are in the mufflers, not the header: https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...18-64800062--1

Good luck with the sale though... CVO slipons usually go for 150-200 around here. The black head shields should bring you a little more.
Sorry, I don't know you althu what you're saying might make sense, but I'd go with what the HD Dealership (Harley Haven) told me when I specifically asked them what CVOs like mine are dressed with stock pipes. they adamantly confirmed these are the SCREAMING EAGLE complete set and I go with what they are telling me, no disrespect. I went ahead and looked up the Screaming Eagle's cans and came up with only one p/n which was the Street Cannons. hence, this was my addition to the ad and if it was not accurate I'll remove these lines, promised. Nevertheless, they are Screaming Eagle and not just Std cans.
I could not tell where the Cats are located in mine, as I'd assumed it's in the Headers (cz I gutted a set before, it wasn't a CVO), nor I could tell if they relocated to the mufflers as you referred to.
** Last Update ** I called the dealership again and played the 'devils advocate' this time and took them a while to realize they were wrong, cz 3 hours earlier I stopped there and they confirmed what i just stated above.
The parts department checked into this again and confirmed that the headers are no SE, the Mufflers are SE Street Cannons and same with Tips, SE.
it took me 3 inquiries to get this straight and I adjusted my Ad accordingly. I have relied on what the HD experts told me and got transpired to my posting. This all could have ended up much sooner had the OP approached me directly. Tnx.

Last edited by IsyRider; 04-20-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: cut it shorter.
The following users liked this post:
04ctd (04-20-2019)