Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

The Fix

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 05:06 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

9400 miles no problem yet
18 SGS

Old 01-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Dave Jazz
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Advice please guys.

My18 Road King Special has had the transmission oil migration problem since new. I now have almost 3k miles on the clock. The bike has had the dealer quick fix which has not done any good whatsoever.
I was at the UK Bike show a few weeks ago and had a leangthy conversation with one of the tech guys on the HD stand. He was fully aware of the oil migration problem but was not aware that the MO Co fix did not work in all cases. He said he would investigate and get back to me. Good on him, he called me about three days later and said that the Mo Co have developed a proper fix ( I think its a vent) and that they are currently certifying it at the factory in order to implement it on a world wide recall in Jan 19.
I also said that I was concerned about the state of my transmission given that I had been running for up to 1K miles with low oil in the box. He assured me that no damage would have occurred, and that HD were taken to court in Germany by someone with the same concern as me, and that the Mo Co had had to prove that no damage had occurred. HD apparently won the case.
To date, I have not heard when the supposed “proper” fix is due to be released to dealerships. Has anyone heard anything or should I phone this guy back?
I am in the UK by the way. Bike now in the garage to avoid all the crap that they spread on the roads out here.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:51 PM
tonyd2017
Road Master
Received 435 Likes on 240 Posts
Default spray

Originally Posted by Dave Jazz
Advice please guys.

My18 Road King Special has had the transmission oil migration problem since new. I now have almost 3k miles on the clock. The bike has had the dealer quick fix which has not done any good whatsoever.
I was at the UK Bike show a few weeks ago and had a leangthy conversation with one of the tech guys on the HD stand. He was fully aware of the oil migration problem but was not aware that the MO Co fix did not work in all cases. He said he would investigate and get back to me. Good on him, he called me about three days later and said that the Mo Co have developed a proper fix ( I think its a vent) and that they are currently certifying it at the factory in order to implement it on a world wide recall in Jan 19.
I also said that I was concerned about the state of my transmission given that I had been running for up to 1K miles with low oil in the box. He assured me that no damage would have occurred, and that HD were taken to court in Germany by someone with the same concern as me, and that the Mo Co had had to prove that no damage had occurred. HD apparently won the case.
To date, I have not heard when the supposed “proper” fix is due to be released to dealerships. Has anyone heard anything or should I phone this guy back?
I am in the UK by the way. Bike now in the garage to avoid all the crap that they spread on the roads out here.
the public works dept. sprays stuff on the road here too. it is called a de-icer. when it dries a dusty fog appears for a few hours as cars go by. what the heck is that stuff.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:47 PM
Dave Jazz
Novice

Well, no response about the Mo Co final fix, surprise surprise. Seems the guy was talking bulshit ! I will call him back and give him an ear ache!
The crap they put on the roads in the uk is rock salt. It murders chrome in no time!

Old 01-14-2019, 12:28 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Jazz
Well, no response about the Mo Co final fix, surprise surprise. Seems the guy was talking bulshit ! I will call him back and give him an ear ache!
The crap they put on the roads in the uk is rock salt. It murders chrome in no time!
The MOCO has been doing the vent fix to some bikes here is the States. It has worked on some, on some it hasn't.

The following users liked this post:
Dave Jazz (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 01:09 PM
Dave Jazz
Novice

Just heard from the Mo Co. Apparently the vent fix is being rolled out in the UK within a couple of weeks. We will see !! ��

Old 02-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Dave Jazz
Novice

I spoke to a HD Exec last week at Space HQ, and he said the proper and approved vent fix for the oil migration problem would be announced to dealerships in the UK by last Friday which was the 8th Feb. Thereafter, dealerships could start work on the machines affected . As at today I have not seen or heard anything from HD!!

Is anyone any wiser than I am ??

Jazz