Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

100th anniversary fender medallion placement

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 08:06 PM
halnwheels
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That's great information, frenchbiker. While it's true it doesn't come from the factory and you can put it anywhere, the dealer didn't put it where I originally had it... not even close. WTF!

Old 08-08-2017, 06:14 AM
halnwheels
Advanced

OK, so allegedly the dealer has removed the medallion without hurting the paint and now they will make it the last thing they do as I OK the position. I can tell they think I'm a pain in the ***, but this is not the only mess-up on this project.

As promised, here are some recent pics of my bike before the accident.
The lowers have been replaced with the newer design that give better engine and rider cooling in the summer. When the bike is delivered I will post final pictures.

Thanks for your comments and pictures. It was helpful to me.

Attached Thumbnails 100th anniversary fender medallion placement-dsc_6213.jpg   100th anniversary fender medallion placement-img_0124.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
GalvTexGuy (08-08-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 10:56 PM
halnwheels
Advanced

And now the saga is over. 4 months to the day since my collision, my bike is home. In the first picture you can see the correct placement of the fender medallion. Also notice the chromed forks and upgraded lower fairings. They are now the new style with the adjustable vents. More air for the engine and rider in the summer. Close them in the winter.

Some of you are probably wondering why I would bother putting this much effort into an older bike. I like the more traditional style of this generation Electra Glide. The five gallon tank is a more proportional piece than the six. I hate the new infotainment system. In my opinion it has no place on a traditional bike like the Electra Glide. But you see where they're going.

She also has a six speed Screaming Eagle transmission. The first five gears are identical to the five speed, the sixth being a true overdrive. It is also a much stronger transmission, from the case to the innards. The engine pulls the higher gear with enthusiasm. 80 mph is now a comfortable cruising speed, a full 10 mph improvement.

Other significant additions are the 2 inch diameter V&H fishtail pipes. These have the quiet packs in them which take the raspiness out of them. The engine has the hydraulic cam chain tensioner upgrade, which includes a high volume oil pump. It also has two rebuilt heads, ported and the exhaust polished.

The headlight is a Cibie Z-beam with LED bulb. The quality of the glass is like no other. I tried HID's, but they interfered with radio reception. It has a 200 watt amplifier, but my wife and I use the headsets almost exclusively.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and those who just viewed the posts in this thread. I still have some summer days left!

Attached Thumbnails 100th anniversary fender medallion placement-dsc_9665.jpg   100th anniversary fender medallion placement-dsc_9666.jpg   100th anniversary fender medallion placement-dsc_9664.jpg