Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.
Mark this thread as Unsold

H-D Solo with backrest & passenger pillion Signature Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 06:10 PM
TAKITO SEXY
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
Default H-D Solo with backrest & passenger pillion Signature Series

$450.00 shipped to your door CONUS.

Solo rider seat with backrest, passenger pillion, & Kuryakyn pouch. The pouch has a sling in it that works like a small purse for the ol'lady. Like new condition, used it for about 500 miles. No rips, scratches, etc.

Solo rider seat part# 51700-09
Retails for $529.95

Passenger pillion part# 51770-09
Retails for $169.95

Kuryakyn rider's backrest pouch

Can be picked up for free in North Houston Tx.

Thank you & God bless.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:03 AM
xnysgt
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm interested, but have a couple quick questions.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but is this a simple bolt-on & off replacement for the OEM 2-up seat from the factory, or is there other hardware required in order to transition to this solo & backrest by themselves with/without the pillion? I'm just wondering how cumbersome it is to swap it back and forth if the girlfriend wants the factory seat back on for 2-up riding instead of the 2 piece here.

Also, I found the factory seat on my new '17 RGS considerably more comfortable than the one on my '12 RG. Are the solo saddle & pillion about the same comfort/cushioning level as with the '17 factory seat?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by xnysgt; 04-01-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:15 AM
TAKITO SEXY
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by xnysgt
I'm interested, but have a couple quick questions.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but is this a simple bolt-on & off replacement for the OEM 2-up seat from the factory, or is there other hardware and required in order to transition to this solo & backrest by themselves with/without the pillion? I'm just wondering how cumbersome it is to swap it back and forth if the girlfriend wants the factory seat back on for 2-up riding instead of the 2 piece here.

Also, I found the factory seat on my new '17 RGS considerably more comfortable than the one on my '12 RG. Are the solo saddle & pillion about the same comfort/cushioning level as with the '17 factory seat?

Thanks in advance.
No problem, ask as much as you want, I'll help as much as l can. It is a straight bolt on, when you take the stock seat off, your bike should already have two threaded studs with nuts like the (circled area) picture attached. These two studs is where the rear area of the solo seat is fastened to, front area of the solo seat has the same inclusion as the stock seat.

For the passenger pillion, the front part slides into the same two threaded studs, & is finally fastened with a screw in the (arrow) rear.

The backrest slides into the rider's seat, it already has a built in receiver from factory.

As far as comfort goes it's all subjective, my "too firm" is very different from your "too firm", inseam is obviously different, weight, riding style, bike conponents, etc. With that said, the Signature Series has more cushion than the stock Road Glide Special, it is differently shaped, has a wider seating area, specially the passenger pillion. The 2017 has the same stock seat style as your 2012, unless it was a CVO or something like that. Hope all this helps, or someone else can chime in.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:05 PM
xnysgt
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Perfect. Sold! Do you take PayPal? If so, send me an invoice or info and I'll make immediate payment.