Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Mustang Saddlebag Lid Covers - New

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 05:31 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Mustang Saddlebag Lid Covers - New

New Mustang Saddlebag Lid Covers for FL models from 1993 to 2013.

Mustang Part # 77604

$80.00 shipped

SOLD!!!

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Saddlebag Lid Covers - New-img_3372.jpg   Mustang Saddlebag Lid Covers - New-51jzvycx4ql._sx355_.jpg  

Last edited by WestTexasRanger; 05-26-2016 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Item has been SOLD
Old 05-25-2016, 06:14 PM
bteski
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

PM sent

Old 05-25-2016, 06:54 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Originally Posted by bteski
PM sent
PM answered.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:48 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

All it take's is one foot dragging over your saddlebag lid and you'll wish you had these!

Old 05-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

We put these in the larger box because if this vinyl is creased the wrinkle is very unlikely to come out. We ship our vinyl as flat as possible to avoid that.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:35 AM
bteski
Tourer

I'll take these @ the cost in your PM if you ship in the original packaging. After reading Mustangs post it makes sense. Send me your paypal if that works for you.
Thx Bob

Old 05-26-2016, 11:21 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mustang Seats
We put these in the larger box because if this vinyl is creased the wrinkle is very unlikely to come out. We ship our vinyl as flat as possible to avoid that.
Even laying the vinyl out flat, the shipping box is twice as large as it needs to be.

I've bought and sold 5 or 6 sets of these covers thru the years, with none of them being shipped in the factory box. Not once did I receive a set that was wrinkled such that it wouldn't straighten out after sitting in the Sun for 20 or 30 minutes. The sets that I sold and shipped were carefully rolled-up and placed in the shipping box. I never got a complaint from any buyer that they received covers that were "permanently creased".

I could see this happening if the covers were folded multiple times, run over by a steam-roller (to flatten them out), then shipped in a matchbox.

It's getting harder and harder for someone to sell something on this, or other Forums, without someone causing unnecessary concern and drama.

I view the Vendor's comments as an attempt to throw me under the bus for the purpose of selling their product.

I'll take these @ the cost in your PM if you ship in the original packaging. After reading Mustangs post it makes sense. Send me your paypal if that works for you.
Thx Bob
Thanks, but I'm no longer interested in shipping them in the original box and have edited my ad accordingly.

We're talking about a couple of pieces of vinyl for heaven's sake!

Sounds like you need to do business with the Vendor, since he's the "expert".

Last edited by WestTexasRanger; 05-26-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:58 PM
bteski
Tourer

Their post made sense but there are so many variables & it seems like hardly anyone has common sense any more. I'm sure they have had problems with customers as some people are impossible to please. I want to try these as covers for my speaker lids for when it's raining so most of the time they would live in the saddle bag rolled up some sort of way so it may be a non issue.
send me your paypal info & I'll take them for the cost in your PM.
Thx Bob

The following users liked this post:
Mustang Seats (05-26-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
Even laying the vinyl out flat, the shipping box is twice as large as it needs to be.

I've bought and sold 5 or 6 sets of these covers thru the years, with none of them being shipped in the factory box. Not once did I receive a set that was wrinkled such that it wouldn't straighten out after sitting in the Sun for 20 or 30 minutes. The sets that I sold and shipped were carefully rolled-up and placed in the shipping box. I never got a complaint from any buyer that they received covers that were "permanently creased".

I could see this happening if the covers were folded multiple times, run over by a steam-roller (to flatten them out), then shipped in a matchbox.

It's getting harder and harder for someone to sell something on this, or other Forums, without someone causing unnecessary concern and drama.

I view the Vendor's comments as an attempt to throw me under the bus for the purpose of selling their product.
Not at all. I just wanted to offer the reason for eveyone's benefit. Sell away!

Old 05-26-2016, 04:12 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Their post made sense but there are so many variables & it seems like hardly anyone has common sense any more. I'm sure they have had problems with customers as some people are impossible to please. I want to try these as covers for my speaker lids for when it's raining so most of the time they would live in the saddle bag rolled up some sort of way so it may be a non issue.
send me your paypal info & I'll take them for the cost in your PM.
Thx Bob
PM with Paypal information sent.

Quick Reply: Mustang Saddlebag Lid Covers - New