Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Trade Ohlins with Hotlegs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 01:46 PM
SmokeyJoe101
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Trade Ohlins with Hotlegs

I need stock black legs with progressive or race tech

Mine are in perfect shape just don like the ride and look

Attached Thumbnails Trade Ohlins with Hotlegs-image.jpeg  
Old 04-22-2016, 10:13 PM
SmokeyJoe101
Road Captain

Internals

Attached Thumbnails Trade Ohlins with Hotlegs-image.jpeg  

Last edited by SmokeyJoe101; 04-23-2016 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:17 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Taking care of our Service People

There is nothing wrong with your forks they only need to be tuned and taken apart, cleaned, than put back together. No, as discussed previously when you received them from another vendor and was unhappy when you were in Germany.

When you came back stateside I told you I would help you out with this. I have no problem tuning them for you because you are in the service. Granted, yes, things are much different now as when I was in the corps, all ground gained was walked uphill (both ways), the shoes rotted off your feet so you were just about barefoot (no joke), and I can not figure out how to put it about snow in the Nam so you would believe me.

Those fork cartridges can be tuned to fit your application by your vendor, that is why you paid him. I will do that for you as the USMC has traditionally protected the Army, even in the sport of motorcycling. You got my #. I just saw this and I snapped a photo as I am doing a set for another HDF member converted his Breakout Softail to Ohlins cartridges which Ohlins does not make.

Here is what it looks like apart:

Old 04-23-2016, 03:22 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Default PS

This offer is only applicable to the OP. I do not wish to interact with any other vendors customers, that is why you paid them. Yes, I have brand new sliders that I black powder coat (49mm only). I do not do style but can change them for you if you like.

The following users liked this post:
SmokeyJoe101 (04-25-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 03:52 PM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
There is nothing wrong with your forks they only need to be tuned and taken apart, cleaned, than put back together. No, as discussed previously when you received them from another vendor and was unhappy when you were in Germany.

When you came back stateside I told you I would help you out with this. I have no problem tuning them for you because you are in the service. Granted, yes, things are much different now as when I was in the corps, all ground gained was walked uphill (both ways), the shoes rotted off your feet so you were just about barefoot (no joke), and I can not figure out how to put it about snow in the Nam so you would believe me.

Those fork cartridges can be tuned to fit your application by your vendor, that is why you paid him. I will do that for you as the USMC has traditionally protected the Army, even in the sport of motorcycling. You got my #. I just saw this and I snapped a photo as I am doing a set for another HDF member converted his Breakout Softail to Ohlins cartridges which Ohlins does not make.

Here is what it looks like apart:

Howard you are a good man. Heck of an offer for the OP right here.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:02 PM
SmokeyJoe101
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FastHarley
This offer is only applicable to the OP. I do not wish to interact with any other vendors customers, that is why you paid them. Yes, I have brand new sliders that I black powder coat (49mm only). I do not do style but can change them for you if you like.
Howard I will be calling you soon to discuss when I should send them to you.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:28 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Default OK

I will be looking forward to serving those who serve.

I need for you to remember what you feel (Ride) & what you do not like. Take notes as your memory is not near as reliable as a pen & paper. Chances are I will have to take your forks apart completely because the oil lock is under the fork tube check valve and must be put back on the cartridge bottom mounting by removing the sliders. I have brand new 41mm OEM take-offs ((when they chrome sliders before new bike pick-up) that, if you want, can be black powder coating beforehand. I personally do not powder coat anything, I send it out & pay.

The following users liked this post:
SmokeyJoe101 (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 06:40 AM
SmokeyJoe101
Road Captain

Those sliders sound perfect

Old 04-27-2016, 09:47 AM
RedRider0151
Tourer
Received 153 Likes on 79 Posts

SEMPER FI!! Howard, I will absolutely be dealing with you when I move forward with replacing my suspension!! ooh fuggin rah!!!

Old 08-19-2016, 06:41 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Default Update

I wish that SmokeyJoe101 would have come on this post and brought it to a conclusion as well as compared the before and after. Yes, I heard from him but this is not my place to say so as I never met him or rode his bike. You guys on the HDF are entitled to know.

Quick Reply: Trade Ohlins with Hotlegs