Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Can't sell parts, am I asking too much $$?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 01:24 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Can't sell parts, am I asking too much $$?

trying to clean up around here and eliminate some parts that have been hanging around for way too long.

I have the stock front fender w/fender trim from my roadglide starting at $99, and the stock bags with SE bolt on bag extensions (no hardware/tops) starting at $150 on EBAY. These pieces aren't scratched or broken. Can't get any takers. Am I starting them too high, or is there just no interest in the parts? Just looking for opinions, thanks. My primary objective is to move 'em out, as the wife and I are looking to downsize the house soon.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:03 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by steveh326
trying to clean up around here and eliminate some parts that have been hanging around for way too long.

I have the stock front fender w/fender trim from my roadglide starting at $99, and the stock bags with SE bolt on bag extensions (no hardware/tops) starting at $150 on EBAY. These pieces aren't scratched or broken. Can't get any takers. Am I starting them too high, or is there just no interest in the parts? Just looking for opinions, thanks. My primary objective is to move 'em out, as the wife and I are looking to downsize the house soon.
Sounds like a good starting price, what are the shipping fees?

Old 03-29-2016, 02:22 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Might be no interest at the moment.Since your on E-Bay,relist as a auction piece.To get a ballpark shipping figure,measure what size box and weight and pick a zip code on the other side of country and find the cost of shipping so you can list a figure.You can put a reserve price on your auction listing.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:28 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have noticed that people hold off till the last minute to bid on things on Ebay. If I had to guess you will get some interest on the last day of the auction.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:50 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,868 Likes on 2,430 Posts

Have you tried selling them in the HDF Classifieds? Ask for offers.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:44 PM
mike_oh
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

When I sell on E-Bay I usually will start the auction at a very low price and let the market dictate the final price. Harley stuff sells very well and and the final price is usually what the market is for such items. If your willing to take a chance you might be surprised at the outcome.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,726 Likes on 844 Posts

I list things here and Harley Bagger Parts on Facebook and Craigslist. Ebay is the last place if I really can't sell them anyplace else due to their high fees.
I would rather sell on here to help the brothers out, but expanding into Bagger parts and CL might help. I like Craigslist because no shipping, except for the guys that want to send you a check for more than what their worth and is out of town, blah blah. Scam. Here and Bagger Parts are similar with or without shipping included. Fleabay is all that and Fees. So, I dont' think your parts are too high

Old 03-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Chopper Man
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

What color and year are the bags and extensions?

Old 03-29-2016, 05:00 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopper Man
What color and year are the bags and extensions?
I was about to ask the same question.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:57 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Some times people just aren't in the market. I'd hang on a week or two and repost or bump to top. Eventually someone will need your items. to me your prices seem very reasonable.

Quick Reply: Can't sell parts, am I asking too much $$?