Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Gamin Zumo 665 w/XM

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:06 AM
shimaze
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking It's transferable!

I just bought one of these GPS from eBay for a $100 more than Greg is asking for this one. One of the first things I did was update the maps. It took over an hour to get the GPS maps updated, but it went thru with no problems. It took a long time because of the size of the download, plus I am using dial up internet access, but I get a consistent 56k connection! Just download Garmin's latest program that interfaces with all Garmin GPSs. It will pick up the GPS and recognize that it has lifetime maps and allow you to update the maps for free. I use the same program to update the firmware on my old Garmin 885 GPS I bought in 2009, but it won't allow me to update the maps because it is not a lifetime maps GPS.

Just got to this site: Garmin Express and download the Garmin Express program and you can take it from there. This GPS is also capable of lifetime traffic if you get the correct cord. But if you use this cord, you can't use the special motorcycle interface. This cord works great when using the car mount.

You can check on the cord here: GTM 20

But go to eBay to buy it for a lot less: $32.39 on eBay

Just please keep in mind that this unit is not the Harley version of the 665. It will not accept the special interface module that mutes all radio functions to allow the voice commands to be heard on the speakers. If this is not a concern or you are not using this on a touring model, then the only catastrophic problem you will have is that you won't be able to find a Harley dealer, even if you put in the correct address! My brother put the address of a local Harley dealer in his non-Harley Garmin 665 and it took him to the Honda shop!

The one I bought was Harley's Road Tech version of the Garmin 665 because I wanted the radio muting function. Plus the Harley icon and opening screen is especially helpful! Both the Harley & non-Harley have a headphone jack that is very useful.

Good luck with the sale and purchase, hope this info helps!

Thanks, Shimaze

Old 03-08-2016, 08:43 PM
usaborn_01
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like Greg has this one on EBAY also....

Old 03-09-2016, 05:51 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Yeah & I'm kind of committed to keep it there now. I thought I created my add with a buy it now price, but I must have done it wrong, because its in the auction process now. Live an learn