Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Tall Boys Cycles Footboard Relocation Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 491 Likes on 312 Posts
Default Tall Boys Cycles Footboard Relocation Kit

*** SOLD ***

Greatest thing since sliced bread, I kid you not!

This is the Tall Boys Cycles Footboard Relocation Kit, I bought and installed these last year on my 2015 Road Glide (they fit 2009-2016 Touring Bikes) and the position was so good I never installed the highway pegs from my Road King.

Our Footboard Relocation Kit helps eliminate hip and leg discomfort while reducing rider fatigue. The Kit moves the footboards forward 2”, lowering them 2” and moving the footboards downward a total of 2 ˝” in the heal*.
Our Footboard Relocation Kits are designed for stock Harley Davidson Touring Family of Motorcycles. The kit allows for adequate ground clearance. The kits work on models with or without lower fairings. Those motorcycles that have lower fairings, require modification to the lower fairing using the provided template and instructions. (See our Question & Answers page for visual examples.)
Our kit is the extreme and when designed was to give back the comfort to the rider who couldn’t achieve it any longer or who may never have had it, to give comfort to those of us that were fighting the discomfort and pain that our passion of riding left us in. The kit may not be for all riders or bikes. There is no way to know what changes from stock have been made to each individual bike. This can find some riders having to modify their riding style. This may not always be what the rider wants, but sometimes comfort becomes the winner in the battle between riding and not. (Call us for any questions you may have about fitment!)
We give our all, so that you are satisfied and get the most comfort and enjoyment possible out of your ride!
I think the riding position is perfect but if you run lowers you will have to trim the lowers and that is my problem. I'm installing lowers and I really don't want to trim them so I'm going go back to a Kuryakan Relocation Kit and I guess another set of Highway Pegs :/

If your not running lowers, or don't mind trimming them (they have a template for trimming), then there is no better Floorboard Relocation Kit on the market. I've tried them all and this is the best!

$145 shipped CONUS and I'll eat the paypal fees

Here's a couple of stock photos:

Stock:

With Kit:

Last edited by Bunker; 01-18-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

up to the top we go

Old 01-16-2016, 03:59 PM
BigJ37
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish this fit 08 models. Here's you a bump anyway

Old 01-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BigJ37
I wish this fit 08 models. Here's you a bump anyway
you can buy them for 08's just not this set I'm afraid

Old 01-16-2016, 04:34 PM
not yours
Club Member
Received 3,245 Likes on 983 Posts

Do you have any idea how much trimming ( more or less )? Would the lower fairing look bad if someone chose to return to stock position?

Old 01-16-2016, 05:27 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by not yours
Do you have any idea how much trimming ( more or less )? Would the lower fairing look bad if someone chose to return to stock position?
this much:

full Q&A here with pics etc

Old 01-17-2016, 07:29 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

still available

Old 01-17-2016, 07:49 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 651 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunker
still available
Somebody buy these!! Speaking from experience, you won't regret it!

If not, my suggestion...trim your lowers & keep them. I too struggled with trimming my lowers but went ahead and did it. In fact, I also installed the 1" out spacers in conjunction with the TB kit...even better and less trimming of the lowers. The comfort factor (as you know) is well worth it! Besides, once the footboards are mounted, it's hard to even see that the lowers are trimmed. Only time would be if went back to the regular mounts...and why would you do that?? If you trade the bike, just leave them on. I know I don't want to ride without mine. Just my 2 cents worth.