Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Ultimate seat & backrest / little use like new

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 03:04 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
OK gotta ask....

If it's such a great seat, why are you getting rid of it?
===

==============

I am getting rid of the seat just so guys like you that dont seem to be interested in a great deal on a seat when they see it can ask that question!!

But if i am wrong & for some reason you are actually interested here is why i am selling the seat.

I had back surgery approx 1-1.5 yrs ago to fix a broken L4 vertebra (1/3 of it was broken out) and now have have lower back pain/issues along with bad sciatica & spinal stenosis going on to deal with that i was UNREALISTICALLY hoping an aftermarket seat would relieve a lot which didnt happen.

But being realistic about it i am not surprised at all the aftermarket didnt help a lot with the mult serious back issues i still have going on.

I had an ultimate seat on my prior bike and it was the best most comfy seat i had so far riding bikes on the street every yr since hitting the streets in 1971 so have many yrs exp riding to go on when it comes to motorcycle seats .

But that was before i had the back injury that lead to surgery and aftermath of lower back pain & sciatica to deal with too.

This ultimate seat was better then the stock seat on my 09 HD & did help some ,but i realized no off the shelf seat is going to fix the issues i have going on.

No matter what car i drive that has a smooth ride i still have the same issues with my back & sciatica in a short time just like when ridng the bike too .

Now if the ultimate seat only cost me couple hundred bucks i'd keep it ,but since it is a high quality expensive seat that was never designed to help my issues that didnt fix them (no surprise) its not the seats fault so why keep it.

I figured i could use the money from selling the ultimate in like new cond with only few hundred miles on it to have a special custom seat made per my spine doctors rec of where to remove & or add support to better work with mult back issues i have going on at the same time using the stock seat pan from my bike as the platform to build the custom seat on and could use the money from the like new ultimate seat to help fund it.

Scott

Old 10-31-2015, 08:48 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,187 Likes on 4,395 Posts

Scott,

Thanks for the response, it was a serious question.... Sorry if it came across as smart ***, that was not my intent.

FYI... I always ask why someone is selling something, especially if they sing it's praises. I think it's a fair question. Think about it.. someone says they have a great (car, bike, seat, whatever), and yet they don't want it anymore... just seems logical to me to ask why...

I am debating between getting a new seat (ultimate is one I looked at) or getting my stock seat redone.

I am concerned about the ultimate seat riding position. I've read different reports. If anything, I'd like to sit lower than OEM, yet many have reported it's slightly elevated... What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Bernie

Old 11-02-2015, 04:12 PM
StarwalkerP
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Scott

I got a few questions.. PM sent..

Thanks David

Old 11-02-2015, 05:32 PM
NCRG12
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ultimate X set

I had an Ultimate seat on my 2002 VTX and could ride her 8-10 hrs a day and get off feeling great! I miss the seat and bike. I'll get one for my '12 RG soon...T

Old 11-03-2015, 01:05 AM
wscott
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hattitude
Scott,

Thanks for the response, it was a serious question.... Sorry if it came across as smart ***, that was not my intent.

FYI... I always ask why someone is selling something, especially if they sing it's praises. I think it's a fair question. Think about it.. someone says they have a great (car, bike, seat, whatever), and yet they don't want it anymore... just seems logical to me to ask why...

I am debating between getting a new seat (ultimate is one I looked at) or getting my stock seat redone.

I am concerned about the ultimate seat riding position. I've read different reports. If anything, I'd like to sit lower than OEM, yet many have reported it's slightly elevated... What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Bernie
======================================

NP!

But i am curious when you said :

" I always ask why someone is selling something, especially if they sing it's praises. "

because i dont see anywhere i praised the seat in the ad / description of the seat i am selling.

I may have praised the ultimate seat i had on my prior bike (the yami Roadstar 1700) but didnt praise it on the hd because i dont normally praise things i am selling as it's not generally a good thing to do along with the fact i currently have mult back issues still going on that no seat is going fix like spinal stenosis pinching nerves ,sciatica & just recently found out i may have a bad hip too that i have to look into .

Sucks to be getting old,will be 60yrs old Jan 2016 !@!/LOL!!

But at pushing 60yrs old this old fart has bee riding bikes on the street every yr since 1971 ,is still pulling gears the 69 chevelle ss396 4 spd he bought from the original owner in 1978 & still plays guitar in a band too!!!

So Re-read the ad because i think you will see i may have praised the ultimate seat on my prior bike because it was great and maybe you though i meant that was the Ultimate seat for the HD when it wasnt,but thats ok & its not a problem either way to me.

I aggree with you & dont like it when someone makes it look as though something is great when it isnt too,but what is good in this seats case i am selling is the fact it's less then a yr old with little use / less then 600 miles on it being in like new cond with mult options totaling $815+ that can be had @ $300 less which is a good buy.

That is the main gist of the sales ad for the seat that i can see & am not trying to over sell it or making any claims either way about it's functionality good or bad on an HD.

BTW,as far as positioning go's here's what the Ultimate seat website says about the riding position of the ultimate seat i am selling is (called Midrider seat ) that i found to right on target with me being 5'-9" @175=180lbs & 31" inseam & hope it helps you out.

" The Ultimate Midrider seat will sit you at the same distance from the handlebars as the stock seat. It will also sit you at the same height as the stock seat. If your inseam is 31 inches or longer, the Midrider seat is for you. "

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 11-03-2015 at 01:33 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:43 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,187 Likes on 4,395 Posts

Originally Posted by wscott

But i am curious when you said :

" I always ask why someone is selling something, especially if they sing it's praises. "

because i dont see anywhere i praised the seat in the ad / description of the seat i am selling.
You're correct, I re-read the post that led me to your ad. You were saying it was a good deal, not so much praising the seat. In that and your ad, others were saying it was a great seat.... I get a fail for reading comprehension.

In any case, I still would have asked why you were selling it. No smart *** reply was intended...

Thanks for the info on your seat. I went to the Ultimate web site and read about their descriptions.

I'm still trying to decide which way to go on my seat change.... not sure at this point.

Good luck with your sale and the new seat!

Old 11-05-2015, 09:31 PM
wscott
Road Warrior

Bump!

Old 11-08-2015, 12:06 AM
Parrez
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If only

Man if I had the cash I'd buy that seat in a heart beat......wish I could

Old 11-23-2015, 07:54 PM