Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this just happened to me...pt II

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
dr.phatkins
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this just happened to me...pt II

so i went in today and had the dealership read the code that my bike was kicking out on each startup. it essentially said "you ran out of gas". i asked dude if we could get it to tell me "you're about to run out of gas" instead. i had a full tank so he really didnt want to drain it to investigate until i had ran it down a little. so ill go back in a couple days to figure out the rest. he also told me that there was a new recall download for the surging issue that i was having, but..... since i already had a stage 1, it would have wiped that out. so im gonna wait till i have my rinehart td's/pcIII or sert (advice???)/ and have it all dialed in at that time. ended up buying $300 worth of **** off the touring wall while i was awaiting the results. it has begun.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: this just happened to me...pt II

Go with the SERT. The SERT works great with the 07s. It usesthe O2 sensors. Since better than 90% of your riding will be inclosed loop with the O2 sensors controlling the fuel management it is a definiteplus. Anyone that tells you different does not know EFI tuning orare selling an outdated product that cannot interface with the O2 sensors. Instead of investing in the newest technology they will feed you someBS line to better their outdatedproduct.SERT is great for the DYI and can be used by anyone who has some basic tuning knowledge. No dealer or dyno required. It isthe mostflexible and Complete EFI tuning product out there. It can grow as your bike progresses.

The two biggest drawbacks to SERT are. It costmore and it is married to one bike. If you plan on selling you ride in the near futureand returning the bike to stock this is something you need to know. OtherwiseI would highly recommend it. A good Air Cleaner,Exhaust and a Laptop you can down loada Stage 1 Map in your garage and your good to go. (Since your still using the O2 sensors no need for an exact match). Ifdown the roadyou sink some serious coininto your motor you can take it to a professional and have it dyno tuned and get the mostout of your hard earned cash.

Peace,

Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dr.phatkins

so i went in today and ended up buying $300 worth of **** off the touring wall while i was awaiting the results. it has begun.
LMAO....yes it has begun. The Rinehart true duals you ordered are a must have if you like big sound, but there are better tuning devices than a SERT. These tuners are not the simple pot style adjusting tools that add fuel everywhere, they are extremelysmart EFI controllers that replace your existing ECM Module andinclude an auto tune function that constantly measures your Air/Fuel ratio for optimal power and performance.

These tuners include their own wide band 02 sensors which allow the new ECM to adjust fuel where needed and keep the A/F ratio in the sweet spot.The sensors install into a new harness which is supplied with the device, and this can all be done at home if your handy with the tools. This eliminates the need for dyno tuning as the 02 sensors automatically adjust for all the variables you can throw at it. The 2 brands of device offered for the newer BT's are made by Daytona Twin Tecor Thundermax. One of the members on this forum (Bart) aka Shooter64 can hook you up with one of these tuners at a competitive cost, and a few guys on the forum have already installed this tuner with awesome results.

I will be ordering mine from him tomorrow as he is checking shipping costs for me in the AM. Great guy with timely delivery and great knowledge. He owns Cateye Customs in AK and knows his stuff. In any case, don't buy a SERT unless you have a great tuner with a DynoJet and an Exhaust sniffer or you'll never get it properly dialed in. And thats some sound advice. Here are a couple links you'll want to check out for further info.

Daytona Twin Tec or and Thundermax EFI

Congrats on the new scoot. Very nice!

Old 04-09-2007, 10:33 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think I've ever seen that color combo.... That REALLY looks good!

Congrats!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:36 PM
barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member

All I know is that thing's too pretty to run poorly. Hope you get it figured out.