Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need exhaust recommendation please

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014 | 08:07 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned

SE fatshotz...add some rumble but are not very loud and are 50-state legal. The work for me... However, it is subjective, so your mileage may vary.

Old 09-11-2014 | 08:56 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master

There was something about the Street Canons I didn't like, the tone? I'm not really sure but I didn't like them.

I ended up with the Screamin' Eagle Street Performance slip on. I would have like a little more noise at idle but they sound great when getting into the throttle. Many people don't like them because they are not much louder then stock. At idle they are not loud, but they do make a little noise when into the throttle then quieten up when at cruising speed. This is probably why I like them. Quiet while the cruise is on on a long trip, then get their point across when canyon carving. At that point I am the only one they have to please, and my neighbours don't even hear the bike when I am at home.

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:29 PM
GEORGEW
Road Master

If you like the Big Block Sound but not to loud & Great Performance You will be Very Happy with the Supertrapp Stouts...

http://www.supertrapp.com/images/pdfs/stock-V-stout.pdf

Old 09-11-2014 | 10:10 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sparkee...
There was something about the Street Canons I didn't like, the tone? I'm not really sure but I didn't like them.

I ended up with the Screamin' Eagle Street Performance slip on. I would have like a little more noise at idle but they sound great when getting into the throttle. Many people don't like them because they are not much louder then stock. At idle they are not loud, but they do make a little noise when into the throttle then quieten up when at cruising speed. This is probably why I like them. Quiet while the cruise is on on a long trip, then get their point across when canyon carving. At that point I am the only one they have to please, and my neighbours don't even hear the bike when I am at home.
Do you have a de-catted header pipe with the SE Street Performance slip ons?

Old 09-11-2014 | 10:16 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

I'm going to be posting in a separate thread about my experience with my Street Cannons today. In short, I just replaced the stock header pipe with an S&S Power Tune Dual header that has no cat. The Street Cannons did exactly what others have reported in the forum... they got way louder. Not only are they louder, they don't sound good AT ALL. To use the the words from my dyno tuner... "Your mufflers suck!" both from a performance standpoint and sound. Performance wise, they are too restrictive to get better HP and TQ from a tune. So, I'm faced with what to do next. It's always something.

Old 09-11-2014 | 10:37 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master

Originally Posted by Puddles
Do you have a de-catted header pipe with the SE Street Performance slip ons?
No, stock header. I really was not looking for LOUD. I wanted something quiet on the highway at cruising speed so I didn't need ear plugs and still hear the stereo. I have to travel about 350 miles through the prairies to get to the good roads in the mountains. Yet even with the stock header pipe I get enough low rumble and bark out of it for me when getting into the throttle. It still sounds great to me when canyon carving yet still neighbour friendly.

Old 09-12-2014 | 05:49 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by ptl203
A buddy of mine is about to pick up a 2014 Limited and wants a louder than stock exhaust. He is going yo get rid of the stock headers as well. My taste and experience has always been with louder pipes so I'm no help to him right now. Does anyone have any suggestions for a deep rumble exhaust but one that's not too loud. He lives in a town house development and doesn't want to **** everyone off.
Best thing he can do is call Fuel Moto, get there kit with the Jackpot 2-1-2 ceramic coated pipe, mufflers, breather & PowerVision and be done with it. Jamie and the guys have it going on right now, hard to beat quality !!

Old 09-12-2014 | 08:35 AM
winstoncup
Intermediate

@OP: I was in this predicament and with a completely stock setup went with the 4" Rineharts... nice low grumble when around town/garage and deeper/louder when you get on it, but not overpowering... hth!

Old 09-12-2014 | 08:43 AM
357sig
2nd Gear

I have the Jackpot htc ceramic coated headers that I really like... they are stainless steel and look good and helped the sound out drastically... I also have the 4 inch dyno tuned jackpot mufflers which have a nice mellow sound under normal cruising but really come to life when you twist the throttle... There are also multiple baffle configurations for the jackpot mufflers to help dial in the sound that he is looking for... A buddy of mine has similar set up to mine but with 4 inch rinehart mufflers which sound really good as well... There are numerous choices out there and with sound being so subjective its hard to say what will suit him without him listening to multiple combinations until he hears what turns him on... I will definitely recommend the guys at Fuelmoto!!! Jamie and his crew are tip top with great knowledge and customer service that is 2nd to none... I have purchased all of my performance accessories from them and they sell more than just the jackpot brand products...

Last edited by 357sig; 09-12-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-12-2014 | 09:28 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master

From what I've been told, the '14s do not react as well to just slip ons as the older bikes did. If he is looking for performance gains to go with the loud factor he needs to do the whole package. Slips ons, head pipes, air filter, and tuner.

Quick Reply: Need exhaust recommendation please