Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tune for mildly modded twin cooled 103

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:35 PM
DieselDave24v
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno tune for mildly modded twin cooled 103

I was hoping to get some insight on dyno tuning my bike.

2014 Ultra limited
Fullsac performance headers (2 into 1 into 2)
RC Components 4 inch slip ons
Screaming eagle performance race tuner
Screaming eagle intake

Bike runs well, with the occasional pop during downshifting (Not enough to be a issue). I was going to install a set of cams but am going to leave it alone for at least a year until I get it paid off.

With the mods I have done is it worth my time to get it dyno tuned? The dealer flashed it with the tuner and it made a substantial change in the bikes performance. I just know that its impossible for it to be tuned perfect unless its on a dyno with a tuner that knows what he is doing.

So I ask....Is it worth the 300 bucks to get the most out of my mods? Coming of my Victory and getting back onto a Harley makes me miss the power. I LOVE this bike, but it is anemic compared to my old Victory. It absolutely destroys the Victory in every other measurable metric. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:40 PM
DieselDave24v
Cruiser

90 views and no reply....There must not be to many folks that have ran this setup. I have decided to go ahead and get the bike tuned.....I will post the before and after results.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Primetime_2
Tourer

i would wait till at least a cam swap to dyno tune

Old 09-08-2014, 09:26 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

I say, YES. Proper dyno tune is he best performance thing ya can do, even on a stock bike.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:36 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

It needs to be tuned but that ain't gonna make you forget the victory's power. Cams , then tune may get you there.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:54 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselDave24v
I was hoping to get some insight on dyno tuning my bike.

2014 Ultra limited
Fullsac performance headers (2 into 1 into 2)
RC Components 4 inch slip ons
Screaming eagle performance race tuner
Screaming eagle intake

Bike runs well, with the occasional pop during downshifting (Not enough to be a issue). I was going to install a set of cams but am going to leave it alone for at least a year until I get it paid off.

With the mods I have done is it worth my time to get it dyno tuned? The dealer flashed it with the tuner and it made a substantial change in the bikes performance. I just know that its impossible for it to be tuned perfect unless its on a dyno with a tuner that knows what he is doing.

So I ask....Is it worth the 300 bucks to get the most out of my mods? Coming of my Victory and getting back onto a Harley makes me miss the power. I LOVE this bike, but it is anemic compared to my old Victory. It absolutely destroys the Victory in every other measurable metric. Thanks in advance.
Your stock cams are pretty good performers with stock compression and heads. The higher lift cams over 500 with stock heads won't realize full potential. I put some Rushmore cams in my 2011, couldn't be happier. I'd run em.

Mark

Old 09-09-2014, 03:33 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
I say, YES. Proper dyno tune is he best performance thing ya can do, even on a stock bike.
Agreed. I would bring forward your new cams and dyno it once!

Old 09-09-2014, 04:14 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I also have the SERT PRO and just had my bike Dyno tuned. I did gain a few HP and Torque numbers but it made the bike much smoother, more responsive and eliminated the pop and crackle on rev and downshift.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:58 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rustrtal
I did gain a few HP and Torque numbers but it made the bike much smoother, more responsive and eliminated the pop and crackle on rev and downshift.
I had the same experience with my carb bike - ride is transformed!

Old 09-09-2014, 08:17 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It should be tuned but if you are thinking of any other engine mods. like came ,heads I would wait.
If you are not doing any more Mods. a professional tune would definitely be worth it . I rode my 09 for a while with just pipes and intake . The bike ran OK but then I added cams (Andrew 48s ) and master tune with a professional dyno tune . The difference is night and day to the better. The only thing I regret is not doing the heads at same time because once I do them now it has to be re tuned . 450 dollars . I cant wait to do my 13 but waiting till I get the $$ for everything so I only have to get it tuned once.If you are trying to get a 100 hp like that victory you are going to have to do some engine work . Good Luck

Quick Reply: Dyno tune for mildly modded twin cooled 103