Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some HD dealers really do take care of their customers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:58 PM
billbuzz
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Some HD dealers really do take care of their customers.

I have three HD dealers within a quick 30 minute drive from my house. The front tire on my 13 street glide is showing signs of defective wear such as cracks and uneven wear. Only 4,000 miles on the tire. Went to one dealer and they gave me the runaround like it was my fault. Low tire pressure? Where do I store it? Did I run over something? Left that dealer pissed. Went to Warren Harley in Ohio and they checked the tire out and told me it was definatly a defective tire and replaced it under warrenty. Just wanted to give the crew at Warren Harley a thumbs up for doing the right thing and not being asses like alot of dealers. Read many threads here about other dealers not replacing these front Dunlops but my dealer took care of their customer. I know where I'm going for all my Harley needs. Thanks again Warren Harley!!!

Attached Thumbnails Some HD dealers really do take care of their customers.-bike-2.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Never had a problem with My Dealer, they have always treated Me right! Barnett HD, El Paso, Tx.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Highwayman-AL
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is always good to post about all the good things the dealers do. We have so many complaints here about the dealers and all the lurkers and others that never post. We need to shout to all the good dealers so we all know where to go when we need to.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:57 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Cowboys in Beaumont, TX is my favorite dealer hands down!!!!!

I bought a 10 year old bike there that they would not sell a warranty on it (their policy - too old)

That weekend, the motor started knocking!!!!! I was sick!!!!

Went in The next week, and they said their reputation was worth more than a motor. Took the motor out, sent it to HD, had it rebuilt, and put it back in.

They never charged me $1 labor or parts

When it came time to buy the Orange Blossom Special, it was a no-brainer

Old 09-05-2014, 12:09 AM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C.H.L.

I bought a 10 year old bike there that they would not sell a warranty on it (their policy - too old)

Went in The next week, and they said their reputation was worth more than a motor. Took the motor out, sent it to HD, had it rebuilt, and put it back in.

I stopped there when touring through Texas had them service my bike in preparation for the ride home...found them exceedingly gracious people, they even washed the bike at no charge after service....Just had to chime in after I saw your post.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:20 AM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C.H.L.

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:56 AM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to read some have good dealerships to deal with........... I haven't had much luck with them.............

Old 09-05-2014, 09:13 AM
swervin irv
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wildcat H-D, London,Kentucky " Awesome " for a new bike or service. 70 miles away but nice ride and worth the trip.....................

Old 09-05-2014, 10:55 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had really good service from Avalanche HD in Denver...

Old 09-05-2014, 10:56 AM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Capitol Harley in Lansing, Michigan has been a rockstar when it comes to customer service.

Examples:
1. Been looking at Stage 1 Upgrade for a winter project and the staff all have different configurations, so they let me take their bikes out to hear the pipes at speed.
2. Wanted a sissy bar for the wife and the parts manager said they were on back order for 6 weeks, but he just bought one a few weeks prior and hadn't used it yet. Asked if I wanted to use it for a few days to try it out, so I did and liked it. He told me to take his and he would worry about the backorder to replace his item so I didn't have to wait.

Quick Reply: Some HD dealers really do take care of their customers.