Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some HD dealers really do take care of their customers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:47 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Glad to know that there are still some good guys out there...

I've had two dealers that really stand out that were good to work with.... Republic Harley Davidson in Houston and Doc's in St. Louis. If they were all that good....

Old 12-23-2014, 12:53 AM
bigjoe21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something along the same lines happened to me.

I was on day 5 of a 9 day ride and just made it to San Francisco when I noticed my rear tire was shreaded. I mean it looked like Wolverine took his claws to it and left huge tears through the rubber. I assume this was my fault from not checking the tire pressure when we went from the desert to the high mountains of northern CA. So I think the twisties on highway 36 did it in.

Anyway, I call SF HD and let them know I was on the road, planned to leave the next day and needed a tire. The tech rudely told me he was booked for three weeks and good luck. Then said, look I will sell you a tire so I make some money off of it but take it somewhere else and get it mounted we don't have time. I was floored. It was my first time having to deal with HD on a emergency and couldn't believe they would treat a fellow rider like that.

I called Oakland and the guy said be here when the doors open and they would take care of me. While they were working we talked a bit and they were booked out for weeks also but he said, "you have to take care of the guy on the road" and they had me on my way in no time.

Oakland HD, awesome service, nice crew working there and a great experience.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Mikey_P
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was on a trip up north and my front end started getting hinky. We were close to Tifton HD so pulled in around 4:30 and they replaced my front wheel bearings. They stayed open and treated all of us well. Bill was $125 which I thought was very reasonable.

Much better than Route 66 HD in Tulsa which charged my son over $500 for a rear tire while we were on the road and stuck.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:40 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,258 Likes on 4,435 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRiderPA
Biggs Harley Davidson - San Marcos, CA

Wonderful staff (every department) treat you like family. Will only shop there for future bikes. Whenever I have a service issue they get me right in. Richard and his staff are top notch, recommend them for anything HD.
Interesting.... I was reading through this thread looking for good dealers in the San Diego area when I saw this.

Glad you had a good experience with Biggs.... I had the opposite.

I spoke to a salesman shortly after the 2014s came out. He didn't know much about the new changes I was asking him about. I learned more reading this forum.

I went to service once, and inquired about them installing some mods. The BS that was coming out of their mouths was astonishing. Not sure I would let them wash my bike.....

Old 12-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Gunner E
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hatitude,
I've had extremely good luck with the folks down at San Diego Harley on Morena Blvd.
I must have gone in there at least half a dozen times when I was shopping for my bike. They never tried a hard sell and seemed genuinely interested in getting me on a bike I was happy with. Even before I bought my bike, they always invited me to the next BBQ they were throwing.
So, now I've had my bike for almost two months and they still treat me and mine like good friends. I went back to them for my 1K service and the service guys treat me like we've been riding together for years. Techs said they heard my kick stand squeaking (I didn't hear it) so he took it apart and fixed it; headlight a bit low.. fixed; shifter a little loose...fixed; fuel door popped open from time to time...fixed. Cost: el zilcho. And again I got invited to BBQ.
The guys in parts know their poo. And I had to chuckle when one hopped on a skateboard to grab something out of the back.
And lastly, the girly behind the counter I hand my helmet to when I walk in is real easy to look at.
Inventory is good. Folks are friendly. Dealer takes care of you. Coffee is free and tasty. And the BBQ is spot on!
Cheers!
Rusty

Old 12-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Detroit-1
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 19 Posts

Racine HD in Wi. Good people!

Old 12-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Twice on the road I needed help. Once in a 5 hr driving rain my bike sensor that controlled the alarm watered out and if I shut the bike off it wouldn't start again. I saw the red key light up and stopped in Tennessee someplace. Guys fixed me up in no time. Treated me like family and I was clearly from jersey! Very nice folks.

The other place is my dealership at home. HD of Bergen county. Passionate owners, staff and department heads. Class "a" act people.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:27 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,258 Likes on 4,435 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunner E
Hatitude,
I've had extremely good luck with the folks down at San Diego Harley on Morena Blvd.
Thanks Rusty for the recommendation... but....

I haven't been to SD Harley in 11 years. Bought my 2003 from them. On the 1st service, they charged me for synthetic oil when they used dino oil and lost my OEM parts when they added a couple aftermarket parts.... I had to jump through hoops to get a refund and never got my OEM stuff back

I'm sure it's mostly a new crew working at the new Morena store, but New York Mike is still the owner, so....

I have had a recent, good experience with Quaid HD in Temecula. I will be giving them another try...

Old 12-26-2014, 12:02 AM
Sedonastrider
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by austinslider
I've had really good service from Avalanche HD in Denver...
X2 on avalanche harley. Was passing through town and needed a 1000 mile service. They got me in and out in just over one day. And I only gave them one day notice. Was on an 1800 mile trip and needed to blow town to beat the Strom. Forget the gentleman's name I worked with but he was a pro

Old 12-26-2014, 12:06 AM
Sedonastrider
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Arrowhead in Phoenix has been my go to dealership for my location (Sedona). Ronald is the bomb. They are worth driving 2 hours to work on it. Fast, great service and prices are the best I found in the area too